Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Zoe7 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Smc this weekend I've done nothing. trying to get my motivation up. I'm just going to pick a room and start there. once I get into it I won't stop. but where to start..... pick a room for me guys

Hi @Former-Member  we  currently have four jobs pending, waiting for tradies to get back to us as to when they can do them. Our green bin is full - we can use neighbours but wait till day before pick up so they are not inconvenienced should they have their own garden waste. Really pleased with my new iron, some clothes really do look so much better on when ironed.

Hello @Zoe7 👋 is there one thing you could deal with today that does not require trailer or $.

@octaviaoften I would pick the spot that was distressing me the most as a starting point such as where something was physically in the way or embarrassing if visitors were to call in.

images (12).jpg

Always find that "visitors coming" is a great motivator to spruce things up @Former-Member. Doesn't always work out that way though, so we are very grateful for tolerant friends.

ope to the public.jpg

Think a few of us can relate to that feeling @Smc  😀.

If possible though, I would try and ensure the undies on the clothes horse were moved to a less conspicuous place. 😀😀

Morning @Former-Member  @Smc  @octavia 

House clean on the agenda here today so it is nice when Darling gets home. There is a possibility she may be home a day early 🤯

4 boys in the house for a week and it is easy to see why darling is constantly riding the vacuum cleaner lol

That and have a mess in the back yard to clean up.

Had a friend show up when we were out an decided to groom the dogs. But left the hair on the ground. From a distance it looks like the chook yard after a visit from the fox lol. 

Tired Funny Quotes. QuotesGram

@Former-Member, we have had visitors arrive before now while clothes were drying above the woodstove. 😛 Nowhere else warm enough to do so in midwinter... as I've said, we're thankful for tolerant friends.
@Determined, all the best with the whip around. Hope you enjoyed your week with the boys?
I have happy memories of the occasional time my sister and I had time at home with our Dad while Mum was away visiting people elsewhere. Things happened differently to usual, which was interesting in a fun way, and it was one-on-two time with Dad.

another-interesting-feature-of-this-apartment-is-the-working-fireplace-new-yorker-cartoon_u-l-pgtlrt0.jpg

hello @Smc , @Former-Member , @Adge , @Determined , @octavia , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom 

well we have visitors coming in december and we have put up new curtains

and I have pulled out all our bedding to put in one place

Ha ha got the biggest mess now Smiley LOL

got some things ready to go to the op shop

a load  in the wash

sooo hot up here that I need a break

That is so mmmeeeee! @Adge 

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.