Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Dear @Adge 

You have had to deal with far too much..

I know that you are not the only one..

however I strongly feel that each and every single person who has experienced this form of abuse has singly been through far too much any human being can endure..

I have not endured the extremity that you have.

I have been manipulated by a former narcissistic partner ..

The fallout from this and previous treatment by first husband, physical and verbal abuse, father of my children still affects me greatly now..

This is a thread that I am seeking to voice my triggers..

If I cannot find one I will start anew..

If someone reading this knows of an existing one...please guide me and others wanting to also in the direction where we can feel safe and strong in writing our words.

Thank you

I am very tired now and have missed taking some of my medication

so I will say goodnight...sleep tight...hopefully...wouldn't that be wonderful..

I will be back when I can..

💚💜💛

Hello again @Sophia1 

I Heart the rasberries

You do you!

Image result for raspberries

With you @Adge hang in there friend.

Hi @Sophia1 

It's great to have you back and no! it does not sound like a naughty child at all - whatever was happening you needed time out - I think we all have that at times

It does seem as if you are having a tough time - and you need support - hey - this is the needing-support-today capital of the world - I need it too - you have come to the right place and found the right company - whoo hooSmiley Happy

I hear you are unsafe and mis-trusting atm - that's okay - you can reach out here and you haven't been forgotten - welcome back - and venture forth

Dec

Hi from me too @Sophia1   I'm always happy to see you and listen to you no matter what's going on.  I love the raspberries too!  Heart

lovely responses

loved the woohoo capital @Owlunar 

@frog  thank you...precious

@eth  such a caring person you are, thank you

Thank you all I am so sorry that I have not been able to venture to where you write your thoughts mainly

I am not feeling self pity 

I am aware of my limitations and working very heard at not beating myself up for not being there for so many even in the real world..

grief is still rife for many people..reasons..I am working through this with counselling.

You all mean the world to me ...even those of you who are taking time out...

please remind yourselves of that

you are still very much in my thoughts even when absent...nothing changes that

bye for now

💛💚💜

1.png @Sophia1 

@outlander and all others passing

for you

if you get tired.jpgwhat lies within us.jpg

love those quotes @Sophia1 ❤❤

Hi again @Sophia1 

I'm just glad you're back and I am sure many othe people feel the same way - yes - we all need to take time out and we are not giving up - we are just taking stock

Being aware of our limitations and not beating ourselves up about it is taking care of ourselves and being our own best friend - that's so important - part of learning to building up our self-esteem and so important

Grief-work is hard work - not easy for anyone and it is always different and has different facets - I am glad you are getting counselling - this will help

You are the world to us too Sophia and you were certainly not forgotten when you were taking time out

It's seems to have come a long way and this is good news and all the best for your future

Dec

Life is full of multi-coloured variationsLife is full of multi-coloured variations

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.