Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Talking aout LOVE

Hi @Former-Member

Sorry to hear about your husband. I trust things go well for you both next week.

My wife is currently doing ok...  Still a long way to go but soooo much better than earlier in the year when I first arrived here. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Determined ☺️ 

That is good news that your wife has improved - encouraging first step. Please keep us informed of her progress and know we are here for you should you need us at any time 🙂

Sorry to hear about your husband @Former-Member HeartHeartHeart

Hello @Determined, @SGde3a xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member

I too really appreciated your response. For me supporting the man I love through his illness is not negotiable; to know that expression of appreciation is diminished is particularly helpful (rather than the absence of gratitude).

Will be thinking especially of you over the next few weeks.

Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Former-Member 

Your husband is one lucky man to have such a loving, wonderful wife as you 🤗

@Former-Member
Love your ability to state the obvious in such a clear and concise way.
So many times you have expressed what I am thinking or feeling but not known how to put onto words 😊
Former-Member
Not applicable

No @Former-Member,
I am fortunate to have Mr Darcy. He is kind, friendly and non judgemental. He is tenacious and always gets on with the job where I would have long given up. The strength I have was learned from him. I hold onto hope that he will be able to be at peace with his diagnosis and find full remission from the symptoms of his mental illness and that he will again find joy and meaning in his life.
Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

You are lucky to have each other. My heart goes out to Mr Darcy. How long has he suffered with depression? I do remember at one stage longing for joy and meaning to enter my life once again. It took some years but I had tastes of it and improved a lot.

Never let go of that hope @Former-Member as it's not unrealistic. The love for one another will see you both through

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member
Has had problems for 15 years or thereabouts but the last 3 have been particularly challenging with his health deteriorating markedly presenting diagnostic and treatment challenges.
Darcy

Hello @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Determined, @SGde3a

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.