Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

There aren't many at all around @Maggie which is why I didn't say anything last night. It's old and reminds me of what I saw when I went to the drive-in the few times I did as a kid, which I remember looking old back then 😆 Super cool though and busy which was great to see. Hopefully it stays around as it's a really fun thing to do.

We have had an SUV since our little car died. I love driving it as it feels safe and tall. With all the seats down big, middle and I can rest against the back of the front seats and little can cuddle up at our legs ,or Big and I at the back and little and middle at the front. It's squishy but that's part of the fun I think, plus it was the right temp to sit outside if they wanted to too 🙂 So glad we went.

It's really disappointing when crafty things don't go the way you'd planned or hoped or expected. Learning through experience teaches the best lessons I think, but I understand how it might take some time to try again.

Ouch with the sty. They aren't fun at all. How's it feeling to not be going today? Any idea how you'll spend the day from here?

I wish there were more of them @CheerBear . The drive ins. Under the stars, big screen. They were great. Waaaaaaaay back then.

Sounds cosy and fun. Memories the crew will have forever. 👍👍👍👍

I’ve only been going for three weeks, so it doesn’t feel funny. I’m kind of hoping to be missed, but don’t think I will be.

I’m not sure what today holds for me. My kitchen has gone into hiding again, but I have no energy to go searching for it today. That will depend on how hard it is to work around stuff.

Is it a rest day for you and the crew today??

I'm glad it doesn't feel funny for you to not be going @Maggie. I get how you might be hoping to be missed in a way. Do any of the people there have a way of contacting you or will it be a wait and see next week to know whether you not being there has been noticed?

Annoying kitchens that go missing 😑 Hearing you there too. I vote for working around it today 😉 Any painting/colours/bail polishing etc on the cards maybe?

We'll have a slow start today I think (might even finish that part 2 of my crochet 🤞), then maybe off to house 2 later as they're having the crew for me tomorrow night so I can work on Tuesday. Plans to spend the night with Mr Grey tomorrow night as well. We had a tricky conversation yesterday with some hard stuff coming up. It will be good to see him in person.

I kind of make it hard for myself with the church stuff @CheerBear . I sit on my own. Many have offered for me to join them, but between seats is an issue for me. Another one. I also leave straight after, they have coffee and chats. I’m really r.  e.  a.  l. l.  Y hard to get to know. I’m a private independent person, mixed with terrified and never fitting in, pretty messy all rounder. So, no, they have no way of contacting me. The pastor has my number, she intends to visit sometime, but is a busy lady. I really like a lady pastor.

I don’t think any craft will happen today. I might try some cross stitch, a familiar friend. Something I’m more confident with.

Tricky stuff coming up with Mr Grey. 😠😠I guess it will happen now and again. I hope you can have some really good stuff in the also. It will take time to sort stuff out with his other people. Small steps. 😘😘

I guessed you might be at a sit on your own and leave when you can kind of stage @Maggie. This takes baby steps as just getting there is a giant leap kind of step. Lady pastor sounds pretty fab. I'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to this one but am thinking lady pastor is not common. Perhaps that will help you feel more comfortable over time.

More familiar helps when I've had a blow to my creative confidence ❤

You're very right with the sorting things out with his other people thing. He's left her but that's caused some serious shakes and wobbles. I ask how interactions with her are going because I'm interested and really do care. My deep dark twisted thing is that I'm not sure what I hope the answer will be. In so many ways I hope it's that things are awesome and their relationship has become stronger and healthier and they'll get back together, but in a selfish way I kind of hope that it's not going well. I feel like a terrible person for that. That was all always going to happen :face_with_rolling_eyes:. It's an exercise in communication, riding out the uncertain, tolerating the wonky, allowing the walls to come down just a bit, and sitting with some insecurities of mine. Yuck, lol. Being a feeling being is tricky!

Small steps for both of us Maggie ❤ I kind of like that we're on totally different but with some similarities, adventures.

I really do get all that twisted relationship stuff @CheerBear . I know when it all happened with my ex, it was the way it was done that caused so much unnecessary pain and confusion. For me anyway.

The fact that he has left speaks volumes I think. Letting go is tricky. So many emotions mixed in, with fear maybe, it’s a huge step for you and Mr Grey, and the other person. You certainly are not a terrible person @CheerBear . This kind of relationship stuff is happening everywhere. It’s a rough ride though.

Uncertanties, wonkeys and walls coming down a bit, are huge. Church for me is facing lots of the same. It’s scary and exciting, and twisted. 🙃🙃🙃

Small steps @CheerBear . Even when we want to run in the opposite direction and say, I told you so. We might be surprised. I hope so. Risky business.

Thank you for listening, understanding and accepting @Maggie, and giving me space to talk ❤

It's funny that we are facing the same in totally different situations. I guess it's working through and being "vulnerable" (shudder at that one as it's just not for me i think 😉 haha!).

I'm going to grab some yarn and have a play. So nice to see you again this morning. Say hi to furbaby for me please 😊🐶🦄

Good morning @CheerBear . I hope 2nd home is going as well as can be expected.

I guess a lot of ‘ fine and normal’ will be happening. 💛💛

I will be thinking of you today as you head home and spend some quality time with Mr Grey. I know there are conversations happening. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

I should have stuck to my cross stitch plan yesterday. Instead, I decided to remove a strange looking shelf in my lounge. Everyone removes them, so, what could go wrong. A bit like your washing machine fix it woman. 💪💪💪

One side cooperated, the other was connected to the river. Nothing I did was going to change that. After twisting and pulling, I noticed a hole. Oh dear. So I tried to put it back together. Kind of friend arrived, thank goodness. She came back with a crowbar. She has oomph I don’t, ( hate that). A loud creeeeeekkkkkk and it was out.

Today it’s a Bunnings trip and patch up job. I keep telling myself, it’s not as bad as it looks ( denial).🥺🥺🥺

I’m enjoying my first morning 💛❤️💜💙💚

@Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @eth @Former-Member @Gazza75 @Owlunar 

and anyone else reading 💚💚

Morning @Maggie. You were up in in the 3's 😯 I slept in today after struggling badly to get to sleep.

I feel a bit unsettled inside with Mr Grey today and yesterday. Just that self-doubt, insecure, unsure stuff with a side of dirty little secret feels. Rollercoaster. I hope it feels better after talking.

Oh wow with the shelf. You did well trying to take that on but it's annoying when the risk doesn't pay off. Is there a bit to patch up and a hole in the wall?

👋 to everyone who might come by

@CheerBear  I thought you might be feeling lots of self doubt insecure stuff. Roller coaster are the worst with this stuff. 

When do you meet today? Hoping early, to relieve some pressure. 

Yes @CheerBear 3 holes, one big one made by me. Failed paver is looming in my mind. 🥺🥺🥺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.