Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

You're an amazing mother @Appleblossom. I have no doubt your boy is grateful from the depths of his soul that he has you in his corner 💛

Thank you for the update @Anastasia although the news is sad about your beloved father nearing the end of his life.

I know what you mean by “grow up” as I think that’s what happened to me when my Dad died 10 days after h and to quote the Queen mother “one usually finds that one can do what one must do”.

It’s a one day at a time process, focussing on all the good times while keeping the pain in check. You only have to face today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

Hugs my dear friend

💙🤗🙏🤗💙

Oh goodness @Eve7 so much grief all at once, I'm so sorry 😔

Thank you for your message, you are an Angel. I do like the Queen's quote 👸

I get to go in again tomorrow to see him 💖 that makes my heart happy for today x

@Anastasia Thank you for updating us and tagging me. I am really sorry about what you are facing and that the end is near for your dad. I am glad that the hospital let you in and that they are letting him come home to be with his loved ones. 

Please know that I will be thinking of and praying for you and your family. Know that the coming days and weeks… and months to come will be difficult, remember you are not alone…. And I will echo what @Eve7  said in that you only need deal with today, tomorrow will deal with itself. 

squishy hugs for whenever you need them 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Thank you gorgeous @Bow 🙏💞

@Anastasia  I'm glad you can go in today again to see your Dad...

I am hoping he can come home quickly on Monday - you said "next week" and I hope it's soon next week. 

I also read how you are taking care of your boy's response about your Dad, while your boy is in hospital...you are an amazing Mum. 

I notice you aren't sleeping, I mean, posting in the early hours... 😞

Sending care and wishes and 💚

Thank you dear @NatureLover 💚🌄

How are you, are you ok?

Home from the hospital, what a difference a day makes 😭💔

Mum and I have rallied to get him out tomorrow so he can have his wish to be home ...

Any prayers, wishes anything/everything I'm eternally grateful for to be sent for my darling Dad please 

@NatureLover @Bow @Eve7 @Appleblossom @HenryX @pancakes @Owlunar @Sophia1 all here...

My poor darling father and mother, my heart will be forever broken 

No one is more deserving of catching a break than you @Anastasia I hope he comes home tomorrow. Im so sorry it’s been such a shitty time for you guys 💙

@Anastasia 

So glad you are able to have him home tomorrow..

I find this kind of handpan drum sound very soothing .... wonder if you and your father like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwc_OPA9xI 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.