Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

I'm sorry @Shaz51 @anonymous  if my response was deemed to be out of line. 😔 I can delete it if you want.

Hello @Shaz51, busy all day with visiting family. Glad to see you have clarfied your thoughts around things.  I was wondering if you felt it was a little premature to be making any plans.

@Former-Member our thoughts all come from our own situations and past experiences and I know I often sense deep hurts in the posts that are made. These nonetheless give a perspective that we might have not thought if and that is well worthy of consideration. Your post reminded me how important it is to consider our partners feelings and not to assume anything (and even though often said in jest,  to be very careful in the use and application of the old saying "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" )

I was wondering if you felt it was a little premature to be making any plans.-- yes I think sooo @Former-Member 

@Former-Member, your respond was ok my friend , no need to say sorry and no need to delete

all good , I spoke to mr shaz afterward  after talking to the moderator and said over time we can put all these plans into action , not all at once

I think our thoughts change along the way too @Shaz51 , what may seem a good idea now may well be different down the track 🚂🏇.

very true @Former-Member Heart

and also mr shaz never talked about the future , just going day to day is enough

so it was a big surprise for me

@Former-Member Heart

Aw no @Shaz51 

No wonder you are tired and want to slow down - I seem to be working backward - Mr Shaz wants to tear up flower bed - as @Appleblossom  says - (sigh - I agree) too much grass - gardens are so beautiful even if they are more work

But knocking down or selling your families houses - NO NO - they are your houses - you have the first say there - I know he gets anxious and has weird ideas at times - this time - it's really up to you

It's so sad and hard on you Shaz

Dec

thank my second mum @Owlunar 

had a talk with mr shaz about it , all good now

but like @Former-Member  says plans get change along the way , so who know what will happen years ahead xxxx

Yes @Shaz51  - plans do get changed along the way and I am glad all is good now

I really did not like my parents' house - I have bad memories about time their too - I hear you

I hope all this works out well - I am glad you had a good talk with Mr Shaz

Dec

@Shaz51 

Lots of good feed back from everyone. 

Smiley Happy

I dont know how @anonymous misread the discussion??? When people have developed friendships they can be more direct in speech while still caring ...??? 

But if you dont like his end plan ... dont string him along.  Be honest.

Hearing you about mine and thine stuff ... my ex husband took my beautiful expensive recorder cleaner which had a nice box and used the box for his dope.  By the time he did that I was in so much physical and emotional pain, no amount of listening to music would help me. I was too busy with children to mention it and they had loud domination of all the physical and movie and radio airwave space.  I left as the internet was rising in use.  It bugs me now as I think back.  Seems like sacrilege. 

I never got to listen to my music and still dont have a proper set up.  My son took 3 speakers ... for his new place etc ... I will get around to it.  but as a music teacher it was not fair I did not have the respect or freedom to listen to music as I pleased.

That was the reality of my husbands illness ... i guess ...

an upside for him and a down side for me.

@Former-Member @Former-Member @Owlunar  

Heart

When people have developed friendships like us @Appleblossom  four years soo far  they can be more direct in speech while still caring ...???

Very true my awesome friend

and when a new moderator comes to the forum they do not relize that we have a friendship where we can be direct xxxx

I was very glad with all the messages here for me , and I was able to voice my concerns to mr shaz which was good

you see with mr shaz , he lost everything , children , money, house with his first marriage

and to see where we are after 12 years of marriage and hard work to see what we have

@Owlunar, @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Determined 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.