Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

You too @Bimby2  πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

hello and hugs @Maggie , @Faith-and-Hope , @Bimby2 , @Snowie , @Gazza75 Heart

@Zoe7  Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Thinking of you @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 and hoping your going ok πŸ’•

hugs and hello @Faith-and-Hope Heart

feeling sad here @Zoe7 Smiley Sad that you are going to hide away for the next few weeks

@Zoe7  Thinking of you. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

DB6258B4-9C9F-4E78-B722-3B2BF7E7E37F.jpeg

@Faith-and-Hope  Thinking of you. πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

C225E77E-3AFA-48B2-ABE2-EC7B681149B6.jpeg

@Faith-and-Hope It has been quite sometime since I was last here as there has been so much happening. An update is all I can do right now...

• more issues with ex and not feeling safe knowing he is back in the same city (thought he had left but found out differently)
  • my sister lost her little cat and is really struggling with not having her around
  • sister has also been under a lot of stress with movng house, changing jobs and trying to get through the rest of the year getting everything sorted bfore she moves from both home and work. I am helping as much as I can but there is very little I can do but be a shoulder to cry on and a sounding board.
  • Sister's partner also started a new job (teaching at a TAFE) - he is finally realising how hard teaching is which is a sobering position for him because he has often said that teachers (and other workers in the education system ...including my sister) do not do much. That is adding more stress onto my sister also as he is struggling to get prepared each week and she has been helping him. Hopefully once he has done the job for a bit longer he will get a grasp on it - he knows his stuff and is good with people but he certainly did not realise how much extra work needs to be done outside of actual work contact hours.
  • My mother is finally retiring and in very short notice I was contacted by the Principal of my former school to help organise. That certainly made me feel disappointed it was left so late as well as being a trigger for all I went through last year in regards to her.
  • My mental health took a major turn a few weeks back - pdoc wanted me in hospital again because I was not safe but she also knew that would be even worse for me so daily check ins with her and my gp again. Much better now - increase in meds again, knowing ex has finally left is a major relief, trauma and death anniversaries nearly passed ...couple still to get through over the next week...
  • It was difficult dealing with the sudden death of the parent from school with ongoing events around that happening for a couple of weeks - and coinciding with my own anniversaries made it harder.
  • Financially I am still very much struggling - still paying off vet bill and will be doing so for another couple of months ...then I will have to take Cat in for another scan so it will cost more again ...grateful though I stlll have Cat and she is not only seemingly doing well but putting on weight 😺
  • Toby's ears have cleared up and he is back to his old self too - so another thing to be grateful for 🐢
  • Very much feeling the sadness from leaving my current school and nervousness from starting again elsewhere ...and the uncertainty of it only being for 2 terms and what will happen after that time is up. I meet the Principal and the kids I will have for next year tomorrow morning so at least I will not be going in cold at the beginning of next year.
  • Computer malfunctioning so had to take it in to be fixed ...they initially could not replicate the fault after having it for a couple of days but as soon as I brought it home I had the same issues again - took it in immediately so they could see what was happening ...upshot is they now know what the fault is and we are waiting for a part to fix the issue ...more money 😒
  • Very much wanting the next couple of weeks to be over - Christmas day is at my place again this year ...can't be at my sister's place and Mum and I decided it would be easier being at my place as it is closer for my sister and her partner to come in what is a whirlwind of change for them both. I am happy to have them here but it also means I have a lot of moving around and organising to do in the next 2 weeks so it is a comfortable environment for everyone ...dining table still covered in work stuff (which I was not going to sort out or move until after Christmas) and the whole area needs to be thoroughly cleaned. I don't care so much with just me and my fur babies here but having guests is another story.
  • To top everything off my back pain has been constant and I can't afford the rehab so am relying on meds to help with that too.

I think that is about it.... everything else in life has certainly been put on the back burner to just get through each day. I have my fur babies and I have my supports to lean on - just need to get though these next couple of weeks, have some time off for myself and then focus on getting organised for next year.

I really hope you are finding that time to yourself also and that your holiday is filled with happy times for both you and your baby dragons that are with you. I think about you every day Hon and have missed you an incredible amount ...some days there have been tears and all I have wanted is a little @Faith-and-Hope wisdom, hope and love ...but knowing you are not around has increased those tears. You are very much missed, very much loved and very much in my heart always. I cannot wait until you are back and very much hoping these next few weeks go super quickly. Hugs and hugs and hugs my angel πŸŒΉπŸ’•πŸ˜˜

@Former-Member @Former-Member  @Shaz51 @Maggie @Bimby2 @outlander @Sans911 @Snowie @Gazza75 @Teej @CheerBear @Adge @Appleblossom @Sophia1 @Flying_Hams @BlueBay @Owlunar @eth @Angels333 @Razzle @greenpea @saturnzoon @Exoplanet  @TAB  @frog @utopia @Scarecrowe @TheVorticon @Molliex @Meowmy @Ant7  @Queenie @cutiepiekitty @The-red-centaur and anyone else who passes by this thread...

I think about you all but cannot even begin to read or reply to all messages ...thank you to everyone who has posted words or images over the last few weeks - it is appreciated very much but I am still in no position to read and/or support anyone and have to continue to do what I can to get through myself. The continued struggles of so many here still very much break my heart and although I want to be around to support you all I still feel unable to find words - which is a clear indication to me that I am both worn out and of no use to anyone. Please look after yourselves and each other and know that wherever I am and whatever is going on for me I care about you all. My hope is that you all will find a little light to hang onto and the care and compassion from your fellow forumites will help you through. Take care, stay safe and know you are all loved, you all matter and you are all in my heart Heart

Hugs and love your way @Zoe7 β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ Xxxooo

@Zoe7 hey Zoe, you are a good woman. Life is so hard. The world is harsh and cold.Hope you will get through bit by bit. Be kind to yourself. Hopeful and positive. Wish you all the best. Take care.

wow @Zoe7 , have soo much happening at the moment

and I know @Faith-and-Hope  will be as relieved as i am to see your name appear here

and i know that @Faith-and-Hope  will be having in her mind how to reply to you , as you know I find it hard to write down what i am thinking sometimes xxx

good news about TobySmiley Very Happy

sorry to hear that your sister in not coping with the loss of her cat

what is your mum going to do now with her retirement , any plans  xx

please take of you my sister HeartHeart

things usually happen all at once , same here , but that is another story

heart-png-butterfly-6.png

cat cuddles.jpg

morning 1.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.