Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tlc89
New Contributor

Can’t keep pushing on

I’m really struggling.

im 33 weeks pregnant, and I’m tired in every way. I keep being pushed with life , with work (still have 3 weeks left and I already spend my days crying in the back office because I’m not coping)

recently I had a fall and I have to go to work on a sprained ankle as well on top of everything else I can’t take anymore. I’m just crying all the time . I feel like im just waiting to when I finally just die. I have a child and one of the way so it’s not even an option to leave them, but some days -most days I feel like everyone would be better off. I’m not coping , everything is going wrong , everything always goes wrong . I feel like I’m being punished for something. I have spent YEARS being strong and pushed to breaking point over and over but I just have nowhere else to be pushed . There’s no relief , there’s no break, there’s no help . There’s literally me just passing time until I can not exist anymore. Like what do I do? I have no friends ,

family isn’t around , nobody talks to me, I have my husband and my child that’s it. I’m failing them and I’m going to fail this new baby because I just can’t handle life anymore. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can’t keep pushing on

Hi there @Tlc89 

I welcome you to the forums but with a heavy heart as you seem to be doing it extremely hard at the moment. Good on you for joining up and reaching out on the forum with such an honest post about your struggles. I am moderating the forums this afternoon and will send you an email off the forum to check in with you and offer you support.

please take care,

Whitehawk

Thank you. I really appreciate that 

Hi @Tlc89 ,

Thanks for your post, sorry things are so hard right now for you.  Can relate to some of the things you are going through.  I feel pretty isolated without much support to help Me.  I am not sure if your work as an employee assistance program?  This is normally a free service where you can talk to a pyshologist and access other services that may help.  Depending on what state you are in you might also go to GP and get placed on a mental health care plan.  This should give you access to 10 free consultations with a psychologist who should be able to help you with some things.  I found talking with my psych really beneficial for a few months.  Less so now, but, when i was really struggling I definitely got some good out of it.  

Maybe you can look at joining some community groups?  Do you have any hobbies?  Libraries are often a good place to make connections.  My local one does colouring in, knitting and crochet.  Check your local shopping centres for community noticeboards which may also have group activities where you can try and make come connections.  I have also people using an app called meetup.  I have never used it, but, have browsed through the different groups / activities that are available.

There are lots of friendly people here on the forum and I'm sure you can make  some new virtual friends.  Happy to tag you into some of the social threads... there's usually somethng going on most days, particularly over the weekends.

Quick tip is to type the @ and then someones name and that will let them know you are replying to them. 🙂 

Try and stay positive.  Do you do any walking or exercise?  Maybe taking short walks is a way to get out and do something, maybe meet some people in passing.

Take care , wishing you all the best.

@Tlc89

Welcome to the forums firstly. Wow, you have it really tough at the moment. Pregnant, looking after a child and feeling overwhelmed with emotions. Plus physical pain. That's a lot to contend with. No wonder you're tired all the time. Is there any sick leave available to you at work? Even just a day or two. Just to give you some breathing space. Maybe see if there is any mother or women's health/mental health groups or organisations near you that might be able to offer support or practical help.

But most of all (and sorry it doesn't fix the tiredness and frustration you're experiencing) know you are heard. You're not alone in the way you feel. It's incredibly difficult to be the strong person all the time. It's hard to keep going some days. I'm sure you're doing the best that you can do right now, but I get the impression you expect more from yourself. I'm like that too. It's hard to give ourselves a break and say that we are doing enough, being enough. If you can though, tell yourself that you are doing the best you can under the circumstances. Life doesn't come with instructions. We have to learn it as we go, sometimes stumbling and falling.

Take care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.