Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hey @Shaz51 

Your dear old mother - into giving gifts at this stage of her life - that is a kind of blessing showing that side of her nature - yes - you might get a lot of gifts now because she forgets she has given them - maybe worried herself that she might forget - it's sad but cute at the same time

Sending hugs - life's not easy Shaz - the dear old soul - I really care about her and admire her strength -

Hugs for both of you from your second Mum

Dec

Don't forget me RudolphDon't forget me Rudolph

@Owlunar, @Shaz51, dementia is odd. Sometimes it changes the personality, sometimes it seems to bring out the strongest underlying characteristics of the person to a greater degree. My Dad's "sweet gentleman" character has really come to the front (along with the cheeky give-you-a-ribbing aspect). Sound like your @Shaz51 Mum's underlying generosity is front and fore.

hello @Smc , @Owlunar , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @outlander , @greenpea , @Jacques , @Determined , @octavia ,m @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope 

today I saw mum and she was soo worried about me last night xoxo she had vibes

well I was not feeling good and went to bed at 8pm

she was soo glad to see me at lunch time , big hugs xoxo

hope your feeling better today @Shaz51 Heart

yes and no my sister @outlander Heart

I took osteo panadol today at lunch time

tired now but ok

how are you my sister xxxx

im glad your a little better @Shaz51
heres hoping that youll be able to sleep a little easier and feel better tomorrow.
maybe a few rest days are in order?

yes not tomorrow my sister @outlander , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @Smc , @Former-Member 

6 hours cleaning job abd then 2 lawns to mow --- arrgggggg

that's a lot to do! @Shaz51 I hope youll be able to fit some me time in there too though.

not tomorrow my sister @outlander 

i know my mum will be upset about this xxxx

we will get home by 5pmi hope after leaving the house at 7-30am @Smc . @Owlunar . @Appleblossom . @Former-Member 

My mum was sooo pleased to see me today @Smc , @Former-Member , xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.