Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hey @Shaz51 

Always busy.

Smiley Happy

I am not sure about leaving my nice new outdoor setting out in the rain.  Aaaah the troubles of possessions ... lol.

Smiley Tongue

I decided to paint a room today.  I will take my time with it. I did the ceiling a few years ago but when son moved back in I stoppped the job, time to finish it cos there is no furniture in it, cept for his bookshelf, and I can work around that.

@Appleblossom@greenpea@Adge , @Former-Member , @Determined@Smc 

work is nearly nothing now , so not sure if we will have the jobs again later
i think we will still have the jobs but all our customers are saying " don"t come this Week" and soo on
we are self employed @Lee82 and it is hard getting support anyway

anyway mum is 88 and very frail , she had a fall 7 weeks ago and hurt her arm badly , and it is not healing as it should -- has a steph infection in the arm now

we have had lots of rain but sunny and very hot today

with this not working mr shaz has been sleeping in and with encouragement from me we have done some things in the house and yard

did not get to sleep until 1 am this morning as we had a adventure with a four legged pest , a rat come in , think he is gone now , hope sooo

@Shaz51  A RAT!!!!! Arrrrghhhhhh! I feel for you Shaz51 nothing would freak me out more honestly. you will have to borrow somebodies dog for awhile to find out where it is hinding.

ha ha we have the neighbours cat outside roaming around our place day and night @greenpea 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Shaz51 @greenpea the cool change where I am seems to be inspiring the critters to try and get inside. One of my dogs has taken to guarding the yard at night. Sorry your work is drying up @Shaz51 . It is the same for us. My partner not having his normal work distractions is a bit of a worry. 🤷🏻‍♀️ How is your Mother going @Shaz51 Have you tried getting her into an aged care facility. It would seem a safer place to be with the Covid-19.

Hope your day is going well.

Cheers

My partner not having his normal work distractions is a bit of a worry , yes same here @Former-Member 

today we were going to do a trimming job and now it is raining so mr shaz has gone to bed 

Have you tried getting her into an aged care facility., we have one in our hospital , and they have said mum is welcomed anytime but she says she is not ready for that yet 

taking she for a arm redressing this afternoon and the doctor 

how are you going 

Hello @greenpea@Appleblossom@Owlunar@Adge , @Former-Member 

Hi @Shaz51 @Former-Member @greenpea @Appleblossom 

So you have been painting a room with a bookcase in it Apple - that is one way to fill in a day - I'm glad there's a bookcase there and I hope some reading planned in there - I am planning reading and I have down-loaded a couple of books to read on line and I am looking forward to that - with winter coming I can plan reading in bed with the fonts large enough to make it easier for me and this feels like and electronic step forward

Shaz, Carer, the Pea

Rodents - I still have them around but only one at a time and they are easy to chase out of the roof banging on the ceiling or the walls and it will leave and I am thinking of getting another cat - even though my old cat was too old to be interested she was a presence and kept the rodents away - and now I seem to have the local infestation checking out my roof and hopefully eating the bait there and hopefully this will end though I do know about rats' habits from the pest controller

So what do you guys do about it? Shaz  - yours seem to be in the open but I have the feeling one came in your house - and you have someone's dog hanging about - hopefully the presence of the dogs will hopefully be a deterrent

Not fun - can I tell a story? Okay - you don't have a choice - I love my stories. 

My son had a cat - she was small and had a beautiful coat and would hide in his bed in the morning after he'd gone to school - she always left her tail out though - and purred loudly whenever I went near her -  she was a good cat

In a short period of time she killed 7 rats who were nearly as big as her and dragged them to the back door just for us - such weird presents - I rang the local council to let them know about so many rats and they said I would have to pay for a pest controller and I told him my son's cat had been busy and successful and they should pay me - but they didn't

I don't know what to suggest about those rats and if there is one there are more - I haven't seen one rat but there is so much evidence that they are about - 

Sorry everyone - I have managed to forget what most of this series of posts is about but yes - Mr Shaz and other partners not coping with the changes in our lives lately - amazing how some of us deal with it and get on with whatever we do and other's are freaked out. I guess that shows how MI affects some people - the degree of uncertainty about the future is always a hard subject and we all do what we can

All the best everyone

And oh yes - it's Tuesday - time for my favourite Tuesday Meme

Dec

I wuvs Tuesdays - YepI wuvs Tuesdays - Yep

All the pest today everyone

Aaaaah @Owlunar  You made me laugh a couple times.

Smiley Happy

No not started on painting yet, moved the ladder in. Baby steps.

It was my son's bookcase with stuff he was not prepared to take to his new place, but not prepared to give the alright to heave ho.    So ... ??

Today I played a lot of piano, gardened and delivered lots plants to my physio for the both the clinic and the physio and her girls.

Hey @Shaz51 

Hug a Bug

Apple

I love stories my second mum @Owlunar Heart

yes it does shows how MI affects some people , like mr shaz does not like changes 

he loves to know what`s next , and with his Ocd as well 

but I find that if I am ok then mr shaz is ok 

planning is my key but does not work when he tries to take control of things 

@Appleblossom, @Former-Member , @greenpea@Adge@Jacques , @Former-Member , @Determined@Smc@Faith-and-Hope 

ohhh yes @Owlunar 

no more Rat --- yaaaaaaaaSmiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.