Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to get help

Eeek  @Shaz51  - a rat came in - that's not good 

When you seen one there are more - I haven't seen one but I have a lot of them in my roof - I thought they were possums but my daughter - who knows about such things because of her work said they were rats and I got a pest controller out and yes - lots of rats in my roof - and they have been dealt with professionally and people need to do that because they don't just live in one roof - they can reach many and I wish you the best with that and hope you can get someone in

About Centrelink - surely if you are self-employed and you can't work now you are entitled to Centrelink income - you have been battlling along more years now - working while in poor health - surely you would be entitled to the DSP - I hope so anyway - 

And I know it's hard to get support - I went through that when I first needed the DSP but people need income - look up http://health.gov.au and you should find the coronavirus information - there's a lot of reading there but I think you should be entitled to some assistance.

I didn't know your Mum had a fall and now she has staph in her arm - which is really not good at all - and at her age too. How is she managing? - she is a tough little old lady - I hope I am tough when I am her age - pass on my best wishes to her - I really do mean that even if she can't possibly know who I am

And Mr Shaz is sleeping a lot - I know - that's the way he copes with things - I am glad you are able to encourage him to get up fix things in your yard

Phew - you do have a lot of things to deal with right now

Dec - sending best thoughts

Hi @Former-Member 

I do remember where I responded to you now - I don't know much about DID but I have had PTSD and recovered from it - it's not easy to have something you your past that keeps flashing into your memory and intruding into your life - yes - it is a big deal

Yes - I did gather that your self-worth, self, respect and self-esteem are low and I am glad you are working to correct that. I am presently trying to research why this is - that people - so many people - have problems that are so corrosive and so wrong about themselves

I did - I think we start life young and helpless and in my own writing I came across and idea that I had no choice in my education until without asking permission I went to night school and paid for it myself - I studied accountancy - and it was worth the effort. 

Even when I was 21 and got to vote for the first time I was told who to vote for - and I think how stern and strict my loving and caring father was but that I wasn't even allowed to vote for the party I later chose to actually join for a while.

And if we start life and grow up to an age when we are old enough to choose but still get told this doesn't really set up up for autonomny. I don't know about other people but I am learning and I have made my own way through life making my own unpopular decisions and it has cost me a lot

So I wish you the best and it is excellent that your counsellor will allow you to ring any time you need it - that is really wonderful to hear

Dec

hello @Owlunar , @Former-Member , @Lee82 

trying to get mr shaz to block up any holes to stop him from coming back

trouble is we have a hill behind us and a creek 2  houses away 

@Lee82, we do domestic house cleaning ( house work ) and lawn mowing 

with mr shaz`s many diagnosis of MI, we are on a very small income , nearly nothing now 

Rat's are hard to deal with @Shaz51 

I had a lot in my roof and they get in by climbing up the walls and getting into the gutters and under the tiles

It sounded like I had a Heavy Metal Band in there all night - with the head banging and fighting - like Fight Club. I spent nearly a week on the couch with the TV on - the noise was so bad I was being woken several times a night - 

So - you can look up the internet to see what to do about rats - one thing is for Mr Shaz to fill any holes with steel wool that you can buy in large rolls - they don't like chewing on that - laying bait in the open isn't allowed - I have had my roof baited with enough to last a year - and worth the money - though you don't have much income right now

You can tell if they are around by seeing their droppings - and they are really toxic 

Also - the bait you buy in the supermarket isn't much good - the pest controllers have a license to buy the really potent bait

It's not good Shaz - but inside make sure there is not food left around that is not in a sealed container and take your rubbish out every night and make sure there are no holes in your bins

This is such boring information but rats are just plain bad and if you have a hill and a river and other places near by then yes - the whole thing is hard to control

And I wish you the best with that

And this is what they did to one corner of my roof

Dec

You can see what they did to the fascia board between the gutter and the carport roofYou can see what they did to the fascia board between the gutter and the carport roof

alll good tips @Owlunar 

we have never had any here before , so don`t want it to start 

Thankyou @Lee82 

hope you're having a good day xx

Hi @Shaz51 yes I can see how many people wouldn't want cleaning down at the moment however I'm sure once all of this is over they will start up again. 
Apparently if you use steal wool to block the holes up it stops them getting through. 

Hi @Former-Member just checking in to see how you are doing? ❣️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ewww rats and anything crawly. Hopefully Mr Shaz can block his bloody way in. 

Sorry your business is suffering right now, I have a small cleaning business and I have lost 1 out of my 2 commercial contracts because of the current situation. Mind you my ex isn't complaining as he is having to do the work for me at the moment. 

Hope you are having an ok day @Shaz51 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey my friend, i am feeling unwell today but mentally not to bad. 

How are you @Lee82 💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.