Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

TinTin1
Contributor

My name is Tin, Tin

I suffer with paraniod schizophrenia, I live with my partner in a unit.

I had this mental illness since 2001. Before I meet and live with my partner. I was living with other women in a share housing. Before that I was living in a hostel, Before then spending time in Hospital in end of 2014 to start of 2015. Before then I was living and working for self help centre.  Working with people with disability. I had to live there, my mum passed in 2011. And my brother, sister and law and nephew was living with my dad and me. I couldn't deal with it, so I moved out to lived at the self help centre.

Then my dad passed in 2017. I meet my partner in 2015. He lived in the country, and he came to Perth to meet me. Since then we been living together, now we're engaged.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: My name is Tin, Tin

Even though I suffer with Mental illness, I still live my life. It doesn't stop me from what I want to achieve. 

It important to have good mental health, by having a positive outlook on life. It good and important to have dreams, what we would like in our life. 

For me I have a loving partner who cares for me, who supports me. Is there for me etc. We get along well. 

I'm enrolled to study at TAFE in Certificate IV in Business. I need to be positive, and believe in myself.

Hey there. Welcome.

I'll edit this post, since you've edited yours. Looks like it's managed to keep it's integrity with just a few anonymity adjustments. Thanks for that.

You've described what looks like a pretty decent recovery journey. Seems like you're living you're life and I'm so here for that.

Hey @TinTin1 

It's nice to meet you, thanks for sharing your story.  That sounds like an incredible 10 years.  You should like you have learnt a lot about resilience, grief and loneliness, any tips for the rest of us?

Re Name Tin, Tin

I remember when I went to the Mental Health Clinic for my Psychiatrist  appointments. And appointments with my health care workers. Now I look at it, yes I have mental illness. But it doesn't stop me for being who I am, or what I want to do. Yes, I'm a believe in god he got me where I am today.

It been hard times in my life, but when I look back on what I been thru. I need to keep myself keep on going. Keep on keeping on.

Tin, Tin

My tips, just keep going in your life. your are who you are, and be the person you are.

Have favourite movies, music you like listening to. Look at what the experience you had and be proud of what you done.

With me, I worked as a Coordinator for activity program for people with disability at the self help centre. I never thought I could do something like this.

And now look at your life now, and be content.

Knowing God and trusting in him.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.