Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

REK24
Casual Contributor

Government funded DBT

Hi all, I was wondering whether there are any government funded DBT programs available, we are in Brisbane and I’m not able to find anything online. Is there perhaps a site or resource page anyone could point me towards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Government funded DBT

Hey @REK24 I'm not sure off the top of my head, but you could get in touch with your local hospital mental health ward? I think sometimes they run DBT programs out of them. Alas, I am located in Melbourne so the only ones I know are down here. But you could potentially get in touch with the DBT Centre and see if they know of places up your way?

Perhaps also flick an email through to our Support Centre (getsupport@sane.org) and see if they have some ideas too. 

I will also tag @BPDSurvivor as they might know more!

Great thanks @Jynx

I'm sorry @REK24 , I don't know of any funded DBT programs in Bris or online.

The main thing is that the 'REAL' DBT requires both individual and group therapy, and this over a period of 12-18 months. It is very rare that you'd have it available, government funded.

One thing that may help is if you get a mental health care plan from your GP. You are then given 10 subsidised group and 10 individual sessions. You can then find a therapist who works with DBT skills.

This is probably the next best thing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.