Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jupiter
Community Manager

Support Line Hours Adjustment

Hi everyone!

To better meet the needs of our community, we have made an adjustment to our support line hours.

From Monday 19 June, SANE’s support line will be open from Monday to Friday, 10am - 8pm AEST/AEDT.

This change has been informed by caller demand and will enable us to deliver quality support when it is needed the most.

If you would like to provide feedback about this change, you can do so here.

Happy foruming 😊

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Support Line Hours Adjustment

Really?
i don’t even use this but I find it hard to believe users would like the night hours and evening hours being cut, when it’s quite often when people feel the most isolated and require support…. I know for me after the day has wound down that can be some of the hardest times. how was this feedback given?

Hi @ArraDreaming, good question! 

Looking at our call data it showed a lack of demand between 8-10pm, so by moving our staffing to earlier in the day we can provide better coverage when the demand is highest.

Yeah righto sounds like bullshit to me but anyway @Jupiter 

Hey @Jupiter Does that also include CHAT? (when it is back up and running)

Hey @Zoe7 ,

Big question there. At this point, there isn't a predicted date for chat - yet.

I'm really hearing there's a general consensus around the importance of the webchat function. @Jupiter 

@tyme It is the only extra support I have used and I know so many others have too. As a text based service here on the forums, I think I can confidently speak for many, it is an essential service.

That's so important to know.

If you feel up to it, would you consider leaving some feedback here:

https://www.sane.org/about-sane/policies/feedback-and-complaints-policy

It will help things, moving forward @Zoe7 

Yep - no problem @tyme will do 👍

That don’t make much sense. Nights are often the hardest for those that suffer with mental health issues, pulling a valuable service and reducing the hours doesn’t make sense. 
the hours of the guided service program was also adjusted recently too, with calls not being available late in the evening either. 
And with chat not being back up and running yet after what 8 weeks plus? And no prediction on when that essential service will be back up…. Something feeling a bit fishy….

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.