Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Well done for today @RedHorse 

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today than yesterday 

Hello @Judi9877 , @LostAngel , @Meowmy , @BlueBay 

Today I have done a load of washing 

Morning tea with mum and aunty 

And been relaxing for the rest of the day 

wish I had done that @BlueBay  no beach here, but there is a pool , will get there one day lol

was it hot where you are @TAB ? do you live close to the pool?'

we live about 15 min walk to the beach, but today we drove as we had two umbrellas, chairs and bags.  too much to walk with!!

36 deg here today @BlueBay  um, pool is 5mins drive from here, not been in 3 years now think, thats terrible, ok maybe went 3 times in 2 years before that. Am losing flexibility and back not goo, I used to be an okay swimmer, guess tell myself its too hard to start all over again, but body really needs it.

well you would have to stay for a while with all that I guess . Its still only 3.30 here, day has disappeared, done nothing here

Hot up your way @TAB 

29 deg here tiday 

that’s no good your backs not good 

maybe you could give it a go again (down the beach) 

I’m so tired 

think an early night 

am 5 hours from a beach @BlueBay , yes had bag packed to go to pool months ago, its still sitting around somewhere, okay think I unpacked it eventually. will make myself go within 7 days

okay , well sounds like you had a busy day, Rest up 😁

Well done forum achievers ! I am rooting for you all and you are doing so well ❤️

@TAB @Judi9877 @BlueBay @Shaz51 @RedHorse @oceangirl @MDT @Cara_in_Yellow @Meowmy @LostAngel @Dimity @utopia @greenpea @Appleblossom  and all others 

Well done on looking after yourself !

I managed to go to the grocery store, vacuum and mop the house. Had to push through it all a bit but even sat down for some breath and stretch work. 

Little by little some days. 

@LookingHopeful very good. Well done. 

Today I

- wrote up some plans for the next stage of my life post work
- read a bit more of my book, only a page, but it was enough to trigger some deep thinking about myself
- tried to recount my journey since finishing school ten years ago
- was honest with my friend about my intentions with her
- made a commitment to myself to not be harsh and unreasonable

Thanks @LookingHopeful  and well done to you too. I just finished pick up and tidy mission across house, am sweating, back all stiff , but have 6 bags of rubbish to take to bin now lol ..  well tradesman coming tomorrow and I suddenly become more aware of my surroundings and how they might see it. Bit tempted to say dont care what they think, and sometimes I dont.Anyway difference is visible, even if it's not in 'inspection order' ...😎

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.