Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Your place sounds good too @frog Dropping from 2 to 1 coffee per day might be a good idea for me and upping the tea .... shifting priorotites from the good ole days of a continual strteam of coffee.  I certainly was not counting!

Smiley Happy

@Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Snowie 

Smiley Happy

Hi @Snowie @Teej @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom and anyone passing this way.

I saw a video from the NSW Lifeline spokesperson recently about lockdown and mental health. His advice was routine and exercise. Not earth shattering but he said this, and reaching out for help, can be life or death. This rings true.

Anyway, I am finding routine and exercise hard to maintain. So setting some goals for today:

• Morning basics: shower, medication, meditation, make bed
  • Walk for an hour
  • Put groceries away
  • Cook a healthy meal. I'm doing Moroccan Couscous - it will be enough for today and tomorrow.

Also, I should (but will try not to beat myself up if I don't)

• Collect a parcel
  • Read a document re housing situation
  • Vacuum

Go well today people

Looks like my tags didn't work last time.

Oh my goodness I'm in slow motion today!

I'm struggling to even make a list but here goes:

• Vacuum
  • Clean one patch of carpet
  • Washing in and away
  • Fill 2 months of my organiser

If I get that far, I'll be surprised but better to aim and miss than not bother I guess.

@Teej @Snowie @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope and everyone about I hope your day is ok

Hey @frog 

Good to see you and good that you get any done on your list.

Tbh my life was so heavily structured, lately the most healing thing has been living without reliance on structure and getting in touch with my feelings and whims and urges and doing what I like.  I am far too driven to do nothing so that not the worry.  I am wary of one size fits all approaches ... I have seen too many diverse issues and often there is an exception to the rule ....

Got lots done today was out in the rain and shine, and feel a little moisture on my jumper.  Son just wandered in.  relief.  Often there is the stuff that we cannot control and so its not all about planning and lists and definitely not about whipping ourselves.

Hugs Beautiful Frog.

Apple

💚 @frog 

Thanks @Snowie @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope

Appleblossom this is helpful: "Often there is the stuff that we cannot control and so its not all about planning and lists and definitely not about whipping ourselves."

Sometimes I struggle re beating myself up. It's taken me all day to let myself off the hook a bit. 

Hi @cakie181 I find this thread helps me sometimes when I'm stuck, or just want to note that my motivation is low. I'm a list person, but not everyone is. Some people here ask questions, or just want to express frustration!

Hi @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Snowie @Shaz51 how's it going?

I'm in slow motion atm. Given up on work today and need to start on dinner now, if it's going to get done. Quite weary and would rather go to bed.

thanks my @frog Heart

Hello @cakie181 Smiley Very Happy

worked this morning @Teej@Faith-and-Hope@Appleblossom@Snowie@Daisydreamer@Anastasia 

this afternoon i have done thw washing but apart from that feeling a bit tired 

can you do something easy for dinner @frog , i have crumb steak out 

No motivation whatsoever here, not for today, tomorrow or the days to follow. 

hi I've not contributed to this sections of the forums before, but I thought it might help me feel a little less along in my struggle with lack of motivation. 

I have been through alot in the last 6 month and I had finally reached my limit and had to start saying no and trying to look after myself for the first time really in my whole life, it has been really hard. I have fund myself so emotionally and physically depleted that even just rolling over in bed in the morning is hard, I have let myself be so used up that I have now been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the pain that I feel in my body is sometimes too much, the really hard part about it is that its just another invisible problem that no one thinks is real but my body is telling me it is. Anyway I actually managed to have a shower and got dressed then when outside this morning  and restrung my clothes line that's been broken for months and hung out my washing, I know it isn't much but I have to celebrate my little wins and considering that lately the thought of even having a shower is too much for me to manage , which is not like me at all, even when I'm down I usually still manage to have a shower but lately I haven't cared whether my hair has been looking greasy or not, or cared if anyone noticed . This I how I know that I'm really not well.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.