Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kyliee
New Contributor

BPD

Hi guys, so I’ve just recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I’m constantly finding myself on massive high’s and extremely low low’s. my mood fluctuates pretty quickly and it’s becoming really exhausting. I can’t seem to stay in one mood for a long period of time. Does anyone else struggle with this too? I also become really depressed to the point where I’m lonely because the friends I do have I feel like they don’t understand me and secretly they’re judging me.

In all seriousness I actually feel completely alone. 
anyone else.?? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: BPD

Kyliee! 

Thanks for sharing this - I feel basically the same way.

I also feel like no one around me is emotionally available to be able to help me, it’s really lonely.

I’m also aware BPD can make us a lil paranoid about the people around us, and they probably not judging us like we think.

But i’m glad we’re able to connect here and feel a little less alone in this x

Hi and welcome, @Kyliee , it's good to have you here 🙂

I don't have BPD but will tag some people: @BPDSurvivor  @tyme 

Welcome also @milomaniac , good to see you also. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

__Needy__
New Contributor

This is really hard to live with

RiverSeal
Peer Support Worker

Hi @__Needy__ 

Thank you for posting on the Forums!

Yes, BPD can be challenging but with support and connection to peers, we can still live a meaningful and purposeful life. Have you connected with SANE before?

Nice to have you in our community here online. 

Take care

RiverSeal

THanks @RiverSeal this is my first interaction. 

It's so helpful to know there is support here. I really want to encourage my partner to join the family and friends support forums too.

I could really do with an online check in buddy to give each other regular support -especially when I get trapped in my anger and projection episodes.

RiverSeal
Peer Support Worker

Hi @__Needy__  the Forums community is a great place to find connection and meet people to check in with regularly. Take a look around the discussions and get involved by tagging people like you did with me here. 

Great to have you  in the community!

Take care

RiverSeal

Phoenixx
New Contributor

Fluctuations in BPD

Re: I have a diagnosis of BPD with ADHD, my perception of myself fluctuates daily at least 4 times. Whwere I alternate my self view of being an okay person to disliking myself , then back again.
I never get a high elevated mood. My baseline  high happiness is about 40% where I feel some good feelings concepts of myself, but never get elated at anything, so 40% is my top feeling good base point. Still lower than expected. From there I drop below and never go higher than 40%.

My daughter has bi-polar, we have some similar symptoms, but she has highly elevated moods that reach full speed 100% operating peak 24/7 stays there for days more like weeks, then flops to really low, non functioning from physical mental exhaustion … doing better with medications.

Check out Bi-polar Disorder.

Am wondering how long your highs last for?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.