Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

I seem to be blethering about a novel which is not like me. A great escape.  "Herring Girls" by Debbie Taylor. This artwork is be Homer WInslow "A Voice from the Cliff"

winslow-homer-a-voice-from-the-cliffsherring girls.jpgherring_girls_3-320x202.jpg

My son is dragging his feet. I am sick of nagging him to get up. We go to see a special counsellor today.

Hope it helps.

It seems I need to walk very gently with him still. 

I could hear him talk of his upset at my upsets.

Hopeful that things will turn around. 

I felt proud of him in the counselling session.

History and culture does affect us @Appleblossom and often more than we realise. I was just saying to someone else that what has happened to us shapes who we are and it is hard to move forward when who we are has come aboput through trauma. 

You have had to deal with a lot (and still do) so lean on us here at this time and we can help you get through this. You are such a valued member here on the forum and - as I have told you before - I love our interactions. Yes we all make mistakes sometimes and can be triggered by others on here but it is a wide community and there is a place for everyone - and you starting this thread is like a place you can call 'home' when YOU need support.

BB60E93F-7D65-4232-B72F-18CCE2F87C73.jpeg

@Appleblossom ...... ❤️

hugs @Appleblossom HeartHeart sitting with you and thinking of you tomorrow xoxo

Here @Appleblossom

Glad you posted, hope it made you feel a little better, and the care from others.

Yes it did @Wanderer

Thanks and to @Zoe7

@nd for @Faith-and-Hope's polar cuddle ... need thick skins like them bears.

The canals in Amsterdam were frozen in March ... does not happen all the time.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom - court days are very frigtening and the 'system' is archaic and unpredictable... making it that much harder. I hope that the matter you are there for is heard on time and that it goes ok for you and son. Look after yourself as best you can through it. I hope your dr appointments can be somewhat supportive times for you tomorrow as well...

Hi @Appleblossom

I hear you about being fragile - me too - the Royal Commission is getting to a lot of people and I understand

Already I know you know that newbies are unaware of the nature of this forum and have yet to learn and some do - but being scolded by one of them isn't easy - we al;l know that and we all get stung now and again - but we are with you are care heaps

Thinking of you Apple - and all the usual things - take it easy - big day tomorrow - natural roll-evers and life goes on with patterns that natural mean we get stung at times - or just carry the load wherever we are in the whole thing

Sending hugs

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.