Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lemmings
New Contributor

I punched a whole in my wall.

I am 34; I have bipolar and c-ptsd, I am medication compliant, I work hard - I try every single day to be better, to be strong and to survive.

But I feel like I fail. Today I lost my cool, I can't sleep or eat, I am exhausted. I yelled, I was mean and I punched the wall so hard it left a whole. I covered it with a painting my sister did of the Brisbane river. I hate feeling like this, I hate being triggered, feeling alone and being lonely. I wish it would end. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I punched a whole in my wall.

I’m so sorry to hear this @Lemmings . Many people have experienced something similar. I know I have. I’m not proud of it. I still get triggered now, but less and my reaction is less intense. I had therapy in ACT. I found that helpful in understanding my anger and emotional state.

Oh man. I don’t know what to say but this sounds like about 5 years ago, I did I the same worked out where I could punch the holes so that things could hang on the wall and nobody would know
I hope it gets better for you like it has for me I stil get triggered but not as much like that anymore

Hi Lemmings, I'm sorry you're feeling this way - I think I am feeling the same way as you right now. I also have bipolar, and currently feeling pretty flat (not properly depressed, just flat). I'm compliant with meds and try hard to do the right things and yet it still feels like shit sometimes. I know this doesn't help you, but it feels kind of nice for me knowing I'm not alone out here.

I really hope things don't have to always be this hard for us. It's pretty tiring working so hard and still feeling like you're failing.

How are you @claud @Lemmings ?

Hope you are okay. People are on the forums 24/7. Please know you are not alone.

I felt like punching the wall today... I had an angry day today... that's all I know how to describe it as...

We all have those days. 

I'm hearing you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.