Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

James8
Casual Contributor

Im the "cures"

I wanna start off for ranting about this one problem but atm it's been a massive one for a while. 

October last year my dad was diagnosed with cancer, he's been fighting it since and he's doing good, a couple weeks ago my close friend had passed from an accident, these events hit me hard, and it wasn't cause of what happened but the thought of it could be taken away like that and it broke me, my ex called me today, crying again, and I felt bad I didn't want her to cry I wanted to make sure she was okay, even tho she's put me through all this pain I still wanna make sure she's okay, I asked her what was wrong, when she calmed herself down she said If I thought I was a cures, my heart sa k into my stomach and i felt sick I asked what she ment and she said the people close to me and getting sick or dying and its my fault cause im a cures, I froze not knowing how to reply, then she said, are you worried about what will happen to me, all I could do was hang up and hide inside my mind im panicking maybe I am a curse maybe this is my fault did I do something to deserve this

5 REPLIES 5
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: Im the "cures"

Oh wow @James8 that's a truly awful thing to hear from someone, and completely untrue. Life is unfortunately full of unexpected hardships, and sometimes they all hit at once. In my own life, I often feel like challenges tend to come in waves. We'll have periods of relative calmness where we might be able to build some stability and work on ourselves, and then a whole bunch of bad will come crashing down on us. That's just coincidence, not any kind of curse. 

I am sorry that your act of care, of checking in on her, was met with such awful cruelty. I hope you can do something nice for yourself this evening friend 💜

Hey @James8, I hope you're doing okay when you read this. You're definitely not a curse, that is a really awful thing to be told when you're already dealing with so much loss and bad news. When it rains it pours, y'know? Sometimes bad things just happen one after another, because that's life. It can be super overwhelming and I hope you get the support you need to deal with everything. It's great that you're seeking help here.

Hey @James8 ,

As @Jynx and @D1ng0 have said you are not a curse and do not deserve the things that have happened. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and we have no control over that. I'm sorry to hear that your ex took liberties with your kindness, and she made disparaging remarks. It's great that you have come to the forums for support. 

Hi @James8 

From what you have previously said about that ex of yours, I think that its a very good thing that she is an EX.  Saying what she said, when you are going through so much is inexcuseable.  She takes advantage of your good caring nature by dropping such a load on you.  Be strong, you dont need such negativity in your life........Asgard

Hi @James8 

100% not true! Don't believe that kind of stuff. 

Life is a journey filled with ups and downs, challenges and triumphs. It is a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences that can leave us feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. It's important to engage in conversation with the right people, who have been there and experienced what you are going through, you are in the right place here.

I wish I could say that our life is going to be perfect every day, with no issues or dramas, but the universe does not work that way, whatever gets thrown at us, we need to see it as a challenge, stay strong and get through it. I also have to deal with life's challenges every day. Be kind to yourself, engage in your hobbies and the things that bring you joy to distract yourself from your worries, and take care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.