Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Sending you lots of tender hugs my @Owlunar 😀🥰❤

HI @Owlunar 

I'm staying at home mostly too. I am sorry to hear about your uncle- I think that who you are referring to but correct me if I am wrong. 

I hope he is being well looked after. 

I hope to talk to you soon. 

Thinking of you my friend @Owlunar 

how are you? 
hugs xxxooo

Hi @BlueBay @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Decadian @Zoe7 @Emelia8 @Anastasia 

I received an email from my cousin in Canada that my aunt died to day

It's sad news and I am really feeling the loss of a wonderful friend - but I also feel relieved that she is out of her suffering

I have sent my daughter a text - I don't feel like talking right now - I don't feel like writing a lot either

Whether I go to the funeral is not up for a question - I don't have a RAT kit though I have ordered some and I don't feel like exposing myself to COVID but I can watch it on ZOOM 

Thanks everyone for your thoughts through these last weeks - waiting for bad news that must eventually arrive is not easy

Dec

Not unexpected @Owlunar but still very hard. My uncle died on Monday so I can very much feel that grief, loss and pain myself right now. He didn't have a funeral nor any service - family respecting his wishes - but it does make it even harder to deal with. I am so glad you can watch your Aunty's service on zoom - not at all the same as being there though. Maybe make a corner of your home a reflective place for the time being - some cushions, candles, etc. and have your own private space to remember the love you had for your Aunty and all that she meant to you. Hugs and hugs dear Dec 💖😥

Sending you lots of tender hugs my @Owlunar ❤❤❤

I am so very sorry for your loss @Owlunar 

it’s extremely hard not been able to go to the funeral. 
sending you loving hugs and love 💕🤗

xxxooo

I am really sorry for the loss of your wonderful friend, your Aunt @Owlunar . I know it has been expected for some time, but the loss will still be sorely felt. And you are right, the waiting for a known outcome, is often the hardest part. I am glad for your Aunt that she is now released from her suffering.  Now it is the time for her loved ones to grieve. 

Sorry that you will not be able to attend the funeral, but it is a risk for you that you do not need to take.  Thankfully COVID has brought one thing to us which is of great comfort ... the ability to livestream funeral services.  I am pretty sure we have all had the experience over the past 2 years of not being able to attend a funeral, but instead needing to watch via livestream.  The system works very well.  I have had two close family members who died during covid lockdowns, both of whom lived in WA.  Both my father in law and my mother in law.  It isn't the same as being there of course, but its a pretty good alternative.  And it almost feels like you are there anyway, in my experience.

Its good to hear from you @Owlunar  as I know you have been going through a very difficult period.  Please take care of yourself and let us all know here if you need any extra support.  Sending you much love and a big hug.

Emelia 🤗💕

Emelia8_0-1642918998697.jpeg

Thanks for your supportive messages

@Emelia8 @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Zoe7 

It helps

Dec

Dearest @Owlunar I'm so sorry 💔

My father is coming home tomorrow from palliative care in hospital to be with us till the end.

Mum and I will share the care.

A nurse will come each day for a hour 😭

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.