Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Re: Living with Loneliness

Hi @puzzlingdino ,

How are you going today? Great to see you online 🙂 Missing you.

Oh thanks @tyme, what a lovely message!! I've been hit with a bit of the loneliness/emptiness this afternoon/evening, but am doing what I can to distract myself until it passes 🙂 How are you?

Your dinosaur profile pic is so awesome! I've been missing it, so when i saw you online, I perked up 🙂 @puzzlingdino 

I've kept myself busy today. I visited an old neighbour, had lunch and afternoon tea out, then came back to chill on the forums 🙂

I love hanging out on the forums. I find it so calming.

@tyme 

Aww thank you 😊 It's nice seeing you (and your great contributions) around the forums too! 

Sounds like a nice way to spend the day! And I'm glad to hear you get so much out of the forums. I haven't been here long, but it seems like a lovely community here 🙂

There's someone online 24/7 - that's the beauty of it @puzzlingdino . At least I know I'm not talking to a robot. LOL. 

I look forward to seeing you around on the forums more.

What are you doing tomorrow?

Re: Loneliness

I agree completely Cloudcore,

this subject is not easy to divulge. One can be surrounded by immediate family & feel very alone, it’s hard for others to understand what’s going on inside, this makes the loneliness worse !

Very true @Martin1 - 

When I used to live with lots of people, I felt so alone. It was like there was this constant 'noise' in my head. I couldn't connect with others. Others didn't understand me. I didn't understand others. I barely understood myself!

Years later, I found myself in a much better place. I bought a property and moved to live alone. I thought I'd get scared or would feel alone, but no way! I love it! I don't feel alone at all.

In fact, I spend my mornings with people so that I really need time to myself in the evenings.

I've now learnt that loneliness is a state of mind. You can be with people an feel lonely, and you can be alone but not feel lonely.

Hope this makes sense!

Also @Martin1 , welcome to the forums!

Thank you Tyme,

ii feel like I need some guidance moving forward, could you please advise the best platform for me, I’m assuming these chats are public ?

Regards

Congrats on being able to work and study! So glad you are able to work on a research thesis on BPD! That is an even greater achievement! Kudos to you!
    My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.