Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@CheerBear  Try not to lose sight of the courage in this relationship. The risks you have taken, the part walls coming down.

The joys and intimacy. The overcoming. Nothing will change those moments.

I know it’s super hard waiting for the unknown.

Dropping off some colour in the greyness. 💛💙💜💚❤️💛💙💜💚❤️

Puppy, kid and well one up @Maggie so I was saying hi there 🙂

Thanks for getting it. It will be later this afternoon. I have this annoying thing inside telling me he will cancel or that he'll come over just to tell me we can't see each other. I also have no evidence that those doubts are justified or that anything is not OK, so I feel a bit bananas. I think it's all understandable and many in this situation would have some element of this. Now I just have to ride out the wobbles again and not knee-jerk react by running or trying to control what is out of my control maybe. I guess this is part of why psych liked this idea a lot. I'm in situations and doing and experiencing things I usually avoid like the plague :face_with_rolling_eyes:

You just posted a lovely message, thank you lotsly ❤

🙁 for the feelings of failure. How are you feeling about patching them up today?

I’m hoping it’s old insecurity @CheerBear. Being out of our comfort zones is very uncomfortable. I want to say all the....it’s going to be ok stuff. 💛❤️💙💜💚

Later this afternoon is a long way off. Can you yarn, or is the muddle too big??

Patching up isn’t a good feel @CheerBear . I don’t do failure well, even though I might be well practiced, or that could be mind stuff.

Very uncomfortable @Maggie 🙁 You get it and are doing a lot of uncomfortable too.

I have another book in my hand at the moment. Book 4 for the year after finishing one last night. I've read this one before but Big wants to read it and I'm unsure. It's the first book I've said "no for now" to. I'll read it again to work out if no can become "listen to yourself and put it down if it doesn't feel right". Have looked at yarn thinking that's how I might spend some time once I get home. Up to green 💚

I didn't think it would be a good feeling especially with the confidence blow of the last couple of things over the past days. Failure is a hard feeling. I want to reframe as an opportunity to learn but don't want to dismiss or minimise what it feels like to sit in. Could you leave it for today and get some confidence back somewhere (cross stitch?) before tackling it?

Sitting with yarn friend sounds like a good plan @CheerBear . Fur babies will be purring around which might also help.😻😻😻

Book 4. Wow. I understand you hesitation with ‘ big’. Books can have a powerful affect on us. My venturing out, was in part due to a book on Christmas Day. A book and a hidden spark. What a combination. 🥺🥺🥺

Kind of friend is helping, so it’s a today job @CheerBear . We will go to Bunnings, then do some repairs. She’s a bit slap happy, which isn’t my style, but it might be what’s needed. I will try to put my perfectionist streak aside, and suck it up. A coat of paint after, should hide a multitude.

I had goosebumps reading the hidden spark and a book @Maggie. Very true.

I'm glad to hear kind of friend will hopefully be helpful. I could see a job like that taking me and my perfectionist head a loooong time to do, so as frustrating and tricky as slap happy can be it might be helpful. I have a hole to patch too from just before hospital and the break. Little flipped and pushed a door open in a fit of rage putting the handle through the wall 🙁 It was such a big bad blow up. I've ignored the hole as I don't see it because of the room it is in. Too hard basket for now. Ill be interested in hearing how it goes, hoping that it helps to have it fixed up and not so visible ❤

My 3 holes are slap bang on the main wall in my lounge room @CheerBear . If housing decides to do a visit, I could find a pot of very hot water, bubbling.

I’m :pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo: ing myself inside.

Not so visible will be good.

I have a coles order coming, so better find my kitchen bench and sink.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ for today. Lots of thoughts also.

Morning @CheerBear @Maggie and everyone 👋💌

👋 @outlander @Maggie @CheerBear  .... 

Tossing up between ️ and 💤 here ....

@Faith-and-Hope  Do both. ️ First then 😴😴😴😴 👋👋👋👋👋 Nice to see you around the forums.

@outlander  👋👋👋💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.