Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hey @ENKELI , if you make a new christians and MH thread, please tag me in.

We've had a few, but I think it's time for a new one 

@TAB bent coat hangers, I like that.

I love religious judgmental people. My ex housemate and former best friend became holier than thou because she went to church every Sunday and her kids went to a Christian school (because I paid their tuition). I told her that going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. I think that's when I suggested she try scientology. Went down a treat. 

Never good to sugar coat, it only causes cavities. 

My ex was a prison officer for many years, he told me of the tattoos the prisoners had and he said I kid you not, one of them really had "Only god Can Jug Me" across the back of his neck. God lower case was a giggle enough but the jug me part was a cracker. He asked the guy for a photo and he happily obliged. When ex showed me I darn near peed myself from laughter. Ex said the guy was so proud that ex wanted to take a photo to show me which made it all the more funny. 

Thanks @tyme I most definitely will do 🤗

@Meowmy  😊

TAB_0-1711615166075.jpeg

@ENKELI  this is mine lolo..

@TAB much better than my southern cross tramp stamp!!

omg @ENKELI  cleanskin here . only thing father said that ever listened to . dont get a tattoo whatever you do he said. 

Hi everyone..  Been trying to catch up on all I missed . .   So many letters flashing past and all so good.

What caught my interest was an exchange about a religious thread..  @ENKELI   @TAB   @tyme  

You probly already figured,  I have never been in a church.  Well ... except last week end.                   After

reading my pieces of work  'that I don't dare post here'  to a pack of black lip sticked   purple haired  pale faced goths,  I just let my senses take in the stained glass silence.  A place of worship that made me look so small.    In spite of the preacher looking at me like the  Anti Christ,   for a brief moment,  my big bones

felt the tremor. .  .   and the pair were  nicely  married. 

Practical bride too,  I must add.   She had a chain going from her ear lobe to her nose.  I guess if one falls off,  the other saves it. 

I recalled in that place,  a time way back when I found a huge book with old testament embossed   on it   in the dumpster  that was home for the night.   Damp and the pages all sticking together.        It was raining hard so I took up a pew in the public dunny block and tried to read it with my very limited education.     I had to carefully pry the pages apart with my pocketblade. .   I had never ever read anything like it.  It was way

beyond the comprehension of the child  but I knew I was witnessing a thing of beauty,    not of this

earth.     Made my words look like chicken scratch.

Back to the present..

It was pointed out to me the collection plate was not a lucky dip,  but I felt for a moment the warmth

of the other believers.     That just  put a warmth in me..   One day I will get my hands on that old book again

and try to figure its ancient poetry.

If  you build a church in Sane .. @ENKELI   I will come and sit next to you in that place. .   be silent

and just listen..

@TAB  @tyme  @Oaktree  @Glisten   @SmilingGecko  @Historylover  @Tilz  @Meowmy  @Shaz51   @StuF   @Emelia8 n Hanah   @Tilz  @Jynx   @Doldip15  @PinkFlamingo @PeppiPatty  @saturnzoon  @LoveandHope   and so many

other good people.

There are a lot of different religions I'm told .  I respect all those that believe in a path to do right 

for others and give thanks for what life affords them. Pay homage to those who  "gave it all up"  for us.         We all have to start somewhere. 

I'll just 

make my church in you lot for now and what a church that is . . . 

Happy easter everyone...    Come back safe now.                                                  tonys..

@tyme @tonys @ENKELI @TAB

Good morning all

I do hope you're good frodays are good

Thus is actually the first good friday holiday uve had for some time , either I've worked in the past or just haven't paid attention to it.

Noticed you were talking about religion.

I used to be religious when I was younger. Took the view on that previous time in my life that it was because I needed a coping mechanism.

I have revisited that recently.

I think there was something deeper. Much deeper. Maybe something I couldn't quite explain at the time.

As time has gone by I'm more open to it. But open to any and all religion. We have that impulse in us. I feel like in this capitalistic world we occupy there is too much focus on material wealth and capitalism functions like a religion. It isn't healthy at all.

On that note, happy Easter

Good Morning @MDT @tonys @ENKELI @tyme @Oaktree @saturnzoon @SmilingGecko 

yes, it is a bit like that Hams

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.