Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Hi again @Shaz51 

I missed the all night rave - I had a really quiet day yesterday - slept watching TV - and my clocks automatically changed time so I decided to stay in bed reading - 

But - last night I watched I am Johnny Cash - I like Country and Western and used to play guitar and sing his songs when I could - Johnny Cash's music was always popular

It seems he sorta lost his plan at the end of his life - I guess he lived hard and made some tough choices - but I still love his music and his story - and he started life hard in the cotton fields - he talent came out of Gospel Music - 

I'm glad ppeople enjoyed their on-line evening

Dec

Johnny Cash.png

Going to listen to some writers festival broadcasts now.  Have a nice afternoon everyone xoxo

Good Choices about the music videos. @eth  I like to go back to the originals ...

Heart

I just blamed @TAB  cos I am finally learning the good ole OZ habit of stirring and he always posted RnR when I was talking classical.

Smiley Happy

I still will miss our  big Bach St John Passion recital next week, but playing piano at home is good too.  Had not played that much in last 20 years. Getting back to daily playing but building up muscles so I dont wreck my hands and wrists like last time.

https://youtu.be/eJlN9jdQFSc
Cant beat Johnny Trash @Owlunar lots work stories 12 years ago 500ks north of kal lol someone got cd from servo, it got a life if its own esp on bus back to camp with boxes of beer lol @Bill16

Daddy sang bass,mumma sang tenor @TAB 

That'd be it @Bill16 😎 ..

Hi @Appleblossom  lovely to hear you are playing more at home again.  Sorry to hear your choir for easter can't happen.  Yesterday my Mum plastered fb with pictures of palm sunday decorations with palm fronds from around the world! 

One of the bikes I learned to ride on was a honda cb 250 too!  The other was a 1936 BSA army bike with sidecar .. my boyfriend's father owned the local bike shop and used to let me borrow a shop bike and he also had a huge collection of vintage bikes.  That boyfriend was  into sidecar racing.  Wild times!  Then when I was in my late 30s (late 90s) I had a 1967 BSA victor roadster - a real collectors item as it was a classic being 30 years old.  (see picture below).  My boyfriend at the time was a pot grower and swapped it for 1/2 a pound and gave it to me!   When I was unwell in hospital my mum sold it for less than half what it was worth (and my horses).  Smiley Sad

The bike in the picture I posted before (on the Re: Challenge of the day! thread)  was not until my mid 40s.  Mid-life crisis?!  It was the first time I actually got my licence and had a bike of my own with no boyfriend in the picture!  I stopped riding the day I had a blackout while on the road doing 80 in traffic.  Still upright and travelling when I came to.  Shocked me so badly I parked the bike and never took it out again.  Again sold for less than 1/2 what it was worth.  So that's my bike rave! 

Repairs to my 441 BSA Victor Roadster | Triumph Motorcycle Forum ...

Hi @TAB @Bill16 @Ant7 

@eth 

A Black out would have been super scary while riding, makes sense to be super cautious re driving now.  Probably kept you alive to stop.  Lots of cool status symbol bikes though.

I never had a bike riding boyfriend, mine drove a toyota crown. It was his sister who encouraged me in riding and later I bought her Yammie. Lots of others around us road though and I knew a pommie couple, who rode and taught me lots. Also at work in public service the office was big enough to have a few riders who were friends. I have not ridden since 1981.  Not a good idea with children or a crook neck.  Mostly I remember it as a period when people were decent to me and included me in whatever was going. It was more than a mode of transport.

@TAB  I feel a bit similar about the virus. Being sensible, but some of it does not come naturally. Hope we both have a strong immune response.

Smiley Happy

well Im just doing more than I usually do @Appleblossom  I am usually isolated anyway lol. I havent really ridden since late 80s 3 pics here very close to last 3 bikes had, not actual ones owned.

1985 Kawasaki GPZ750R - Moto.ZombDrive.COM

North Star: 1985 Yamaha RZ500 in Canada - Rare SportBikes For Sale

GPZ550 Archives - Rare SportBikes For Sale

Hey @Appleblossom  my post disappeared but the gist of it was that I agree, once you're out on the road other riders are mostly very encouraging and helpful.  It's kind of a whole other community.

Nice bikes @TAB   Looks like you were into going faaaaast ... I was more of a croooozer!

I was totally into all the accessories of a 'lady rider' too ...

Pin on My Style, Clothing and Accessories

Lady Rider Mechanics Gloves - Bronson Rock Garage

Women's Patched Lady Rider Leather Vest #VL0891P9P | Leather pants ...  NB this picture is a stock photo and is NOT me.  

Red Roses & Vine Neoprene Half Face Mask Motorcycle Biker Lady ...  and even the face mask ... takes on a whole new purpose in these times.

One regret from when I culled to move into the cabin is seeing all my leathers and boots go to the opshop.  Someone got lucky!  Even my RMs and Jenny Reb's.  And another 5 pairs.  Oh well, despite the event that stopped me, it was an era of my life when riding was when I felt the best and most empowered.  I was going thru' a dv court case and would show up at court in all my gear, just to show him he hadn't beaten me.  Of course I came crashing down eventually but it's good to have the memories of some of the rides I did.  

I even had a long sleeved t-shirt that had 'tattoo' style mesh sleeves that looked like I had full sleeve tatts on both arms - one day in court a guy behind me said 'love your tatts darl'  while everything else in court was silent!  All heads turned!  Just a wee moment of memory.

Time Ladies Tattoo Sleeve Dealer Tee | Harley davidson womens ...

I'm raving a bit but this is what you get when I've got cabin fever in week 3 of social distancing!

Oh and ..... I was def a lady rider not a bikie chic!!!  But my bike was a shameless imitation of a Harley!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.