Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Re: Tabaluga's

Yeah when I get a spare bloody 2 seconds of my life maybe @tyme thanks though

I hope you get a call from them soon. The last thing you want is you wait...and wait... and wait... and no one calls @ENKELI !

In the meantime, I'm up for a chat.

How have things been for you? (Besides waiting for this call lol - I know that's not fun)

I've quite enjoyed listening to this compilation of music @TAB nice to have on while you are studying. Its very peaceful. Are you into aromatherapy? I keep mine in the fridge and it seems to last forever.  I just have to be mindful of which ones i can use having a cat now.  

Sitting here with you my friend @ENKELI ❤️

I don’t mean to say i dont care but sometimes i am so emotionally tapped out and spent from a day of constantly being needed that some shit like that pops up on my phone and it’s the last thing I care about 

doesn’t mean I don’t care but it’s honestly the last on the priority list of things I care about 

TAB
Senior Contributor

did cenno say they were ringing you ? @ENKELI 

lately they just randomly refuse to accept some med certs, which apparently they are allowed to do (?)

hope things go okay @ENKELI 

Thanks for clarifying @ArraDreaming . Hope things get easier for you today... 

I've found the time around dinner time is the hardest. Then it gets easier once the munchkins go to bed.

@tyme I read a thread about someone talking about getting married and it has brought back the pain and tears of knowing I will never have someone who wants to marry me, nor will I ever have my own children.

Everywhere I look there's an ad on TV about insurance for families, shows about getting married and then the "I'm better than you because I have kids" look from people who are supposed to love me, my once favourite aunt being one of them. I just received an email from her about her beautiful daughter in law and some get together that they would be doing me a favour inviting me to.

Aunt is one of those people who had 3 successful sons who went on to get high paying jobs (one was a pilot, another is an aircraft maintenance engineer, the other lives in Ireland with his perfect wife and 3 perfect children). She looks upon me as "oh I love my niece but I am so glad she's not my child. That would be an embarrassment".

The trigger of marriage, weddings, all the trimmings and trappings that goes with it hits harder each year and I feel uglier, fatter and dumber than ever. 

Centrelink called me, they have approved my exemption and to add to the veracity of my exemption requirement I burst into tears when she said it had been approved.

My girlfriend of 50 years has just bought a new car and wants to take a road trip tomorrow and I am trying to remain positive about going but I really don't want to. Guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Bet ya wished ya never asked how I am now lol!! 😍

that chaos has been this house all day @tyme
TAB
Senior Contributor

will be glad when its over. the worst for me is worrying I have forgotten an appt @SmilingGecko 

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.