Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

It hurt @lavenderhaze. It hurt a lot. But it’s my own fault. I was the one that wasn’t honest. I held back. 

I’ve just been shopping so I’ll take prn when I get home. Maybe that will

slow the anxiety down. 

She didn’t ask whether I was safe… 

I understand that you held back @Captain24 but I hope you'll be compasionate towards yourself today ❤️

I hope the prn helps and brings some comfort 

How're the thoughts today, are you feeling safe for now?

After hurting my CM I don’t deserve compassion. @lavenderhaze.

Im not sure 

Howdy @Captain24 I've jumped on for tonight! Here with ya.

Just thinking about compassion, and who deserves it... and I think we can feel like we don't deserve compassion, but in the end it's not really up to us to decide whether or not someone ought to give it to us. I've got oodles of compassion here for you, and I am not wanting to show it (or not show it) because of anything you've done, but because you're human and I believe you deserve it simply because I know you to be a thinking, feeling being. 

Anyway before I get too rambley, I will send you some huggles 🫂 and offer some chats if you want em 💜

I’ve made a whole big mess of things @Jynx. I just keep making things harder for myself. I can’t be trusted. I don’t do things right. I’m useless. I’m stupid. I’m scared. I don’t see the point. I’m pretty sure it’s just time to give up. I’ve had enough. I don’t want to. I don’t care to. I feel like I’m done. 

@Captain24 no mess too big that it can't be cleaned up hun. I can hear that your brain is potentially spiralling a bit, and making some very black and white statements about yourself. 

You've been in this darkness before. It's very easy to get lost in it. Sometimes the best flashlight is to focus on the simple stuff, is there one small self-care thing you can do for yourself? Even just a hot cuppa. I'll pop the kettle on 💜

I’m sitting on the lounge with my 2 babies. @Jynx 

I really don’t feel well. 

@Captain24 aww cuddle pile! 

Mm your system all over the place, I get it. What kind of unwell, like nauseous or something different? 

Something different @Jynx 

@Captain24 mm rough either way. Is there some small piece of self-care you could muster? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.