Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

@Captain24 I hope you are safe 💖🫂

Wishing you the best @Captain24 

Hoping work went ok and things start to improve for you.

Please make sure you look after yourself 💗💗

Work went ok. @Snowie @creative_writer . I really struggled with trying to stay awake though. plus I had too much going through my head. 

I have just spoken to my CM. She didn’t mention ED or an admission so that’s a start. She is extremely concerned though. Especially with not sleeping for the last 2 days. I have agreed to take a prn tonight and tomorrow night to try and get some sleep. Plus if the chest pain keeps reoccurring. 

She asked me if I was safe. I hesitated. She didn’t comment. 

I have to ring her on Monday. I’m on my own until then. It’s not going to be easy. With having no work and at home for a rainy weekend, I really need help. 

Hi @Captain24,

I can hear you're worried about the weekend and being alone, so I thought maybe we could brainstorm things you can do if the thoughts get too overwhelming. How does that sound? ❤️

Preparing a list can be very helpful; sometimes, when we're too distressed, we're unable to develop strategies. 

Something on my list is having a warm shower when I feel intense emotions. Is there anything you do that is soothing for you?

@Captain24 I am wondering whether you created a safety plan before. I think @lavenderhaze idea on brainstorming ideas sounds like a good idea.

Sitting with you 💖🫂

That would be good @lavenderhaze. I do have an extra dog for a couple of hours each day. 

I kinda need some things to try and check off. I need some kind of plan.

I need to also try and catch it early, which is hard as I am usually waking is a distressed state. 

Aw, do you mean you have Jett and Pix and another one? 

It can be hard to catch it early @Captain24 ❤️

That's why writing things down as you notice them can be helpful - I have written down my "warning" signs in my journal - signs that I am getting unwell. When I notice a couple of things happening, I reach out for more support early so things won't get out of control

What would you like to start with for your list of things to do over the weekend? Is walking the dogs something you do every day? Is it helpful?

Yeah I’ll have mums dog too for a couple of hours @lavenderhaze. Jett and Keiko are best of friends and just run a muck. Pixie joins in sometimes but usually just snuggles with me. 

I will try and take all 3 dogs for a walk in the afternoons if mum hasn’t picked her dog up yet. 

I should do some Lego and diamond art as I haven’t done them for a while. 

I have a safety plan @creative_writer but I find it useless. 

Aw that's cute, seems like pixie is on your team hey!

A walk with the dogs sounds really nice 🙂

So do diamond art and Lego 

Journaling, aroma therapy, breathing exercises - do you find things like that helpful? @Captain24 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.