Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t remember

All good @eth no need to apologise for dealing with life! I hope you're getting on ok but it sounds like you're in a stressful situation. I really hope it all works out ok for you and things get sorted with housing. I'm not doing real well myself atm but wanted to jump on here and let you know I've been checking my emails and appreciate your response especially since you've had a lot going on. Thanks for taking the time, and know you never need to apologise to me for taking time for yourself. I think I've mentioned on here before that sometimes I just can't do much, so I may disappear at times, so if I'm ever not around that's why. My mentality isn't great atm and I'm not feeling real social either but yeah just wanted to drop a line and let you know I might not be around much while I'm working through this but it's not because I don't care.

wishing you all the best eth.

Re: I can’t remember

Hi @saltandpepper  and @jem80  thanks for your kind words regarding the housing thing.  I've talked about it more on the Re: A long rave  thread, which is where I mostly hang out during the week.   Don't want to rant about it here  and divert the conversation.  Lets just say I've put in something like 10 documents with the application, including statements from Dr's and support coordinator, me and my sister-in-law who is my landlord. NDIS plan, bank statements, medicare statement, medical assessment form .....

@saltandpepper  if you'd like to talk more about what's going on for you at the moment I'll be around more the next couple of days.  

Yes my brother is supportive - I live in a cabin in his and his wife's back yard.  They've been a great support in many ways since I came here from Darwin 3 1/2 years ago.  But I'm still not used to being so 'visible' and somewhat accountable to other people, after so many years adrift from my family and raising my child alone in distant places, often remote.  Speaking about memories lost - I sometimes talk about bipolar episodes and manic adventures I've had before I came here and my brother often says that's not what really happened -  it's tricky at those times.  As much as I know his memory is more likely clearer than mine, when I was in a psychosis that was real to me at the time.  So sometimes the different memories are a matter of perception.   The biggest shocker was that I thought I was on a respirator for 24 hrs after a s attempt and he told me I was actually in a coma for 10 days (20 years ago now).   

The new psychologist felt good so far, the it was really just an introduction and a bit of who I am and how she works.  (To answer a question from the other day - no the old psych did not choose the new one with me, she had said she would and would do a thorough letter of referral with history and details of the work we'd done, but then she became unwell with her pregnancy and had to stop work immediately when we would have had another month).  Anyway the new one says she does 'psychodynamic' therapy - I haven't googled it yet - focussed on childhood trauma in particular - she said it's kind of like 're-parenting' whatever that turns out to mean... I have a history of adult traumas too and she said we will work through that as well.  She seems very trauma-informed and has worked in the field for over 20 years.  She also used to be a pharmacist so she knows well how my meds work etc. 

Hi @greenpea  and @outlander too.

Take care all, have to go again.  Should be back later tonight, maybe for the The Weekly Friday Feast  which you might enjoy @jem80  and @saltandpepper  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.