Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to get help

I'm so sorry you are feeling unwell @Former-Member is it a cold? 
I'm doing ok. Much better today than the last few days. I got about 4/5hrs sleep which is better than it has been. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lee82 , I am glad you are having an ok day and you managed some more sleep. 

I think my body is just reacting to all the vitamins I have taken in such a short amount of time. 💖

Are these the vitamins your ex suggested? Or have you been taking them for a while? 

hey @Former-Member Heart
ive got most of the orders completed, one person pulled out after Id literally just finished what they asked for so felt abit disheartened and abit of a waste of time but it is what it is I suppose. ive made a majority of the bigger order that needs to be posted tomorrow, ive just got 2 more (well and a half) things to make and sewing in the ends so it doesn't come apart. almost there now thankfully

@Lee82 well done on getting through the night with no self harm, that is so good to hear Heart

@Snowie Heart

Hi @outlander well it's one night hopefully it continues but thank you for your lovely words and support. 
What is it that you make? Don't have to answer if you don't want to just curious. Lol

how have you been feeling? 

one night is a great start! @Lee82

I mostly make crochet makeup remover pads, washcloths and dischloths. but Ive also made crochet wine glassholders, coasters, blankets and a pillow case as well. I also make my own gift hampers with cups and things as well.

im pretty tired, still working on final order but my hands abit sore so just giving it a rest atm but will get back to it soon as this order needs to be posted tomorrow.
ive been feeling quite sick so im going to ring my gp tomorrow and see when I can make an appointment to speak with her

Wow you must be very talented @outlander . I could never figure out how to crochet. My mum has tried to teach me but I could never do it. Also what a wonderful way to stay occupied and distracted.how do people order off you? Do you have a fb page or website? 
It would be pretty tiring. sounds like you are busy which is great to hear. 
I'm so sorry you are still not feeling well. Hope you are able to get in contact with your gp. 💕

thanks @Lee82
it did take some practice though before I got to this point!
@CheerBear and a member whose no longer on these forums really helped me out learning to crochet and motivating and encouraging me to learn.
they would definently have to take some credit for where I am now.

I have a fb page and I just advertise on both my page and through like for sale groups and that's how others find me or order their items.
I cant really have a website or anything unless im a registered business so its just this way for now.
its on and off busy. usually special occasions are the busiest times but i try to prepare in advance by making some items up beforehand. between now and mothers day id like to get a few orders in. after mothers day itll probably die right down again back to the random orders

As much as id love to share it here i cant as it goea against guidelines and confidentiality @Lee82 but i can take pics of some things to show you on another day.

Candles, melts and soaps are quite popular here too. Id still give it ago if you wanted to try it out. When things start to go back to normal you could even make up a heap to take to the markets.

Or you could try card or invitation making too.

Oh yea of course it is. That's a bummer but would love to see some of your work whenever you are ready @outlander . 
I think atm I have way too much on my plate to start anything but maybe when things mentally get better it could be something I could look into. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.