Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Tom263
Casual Contributor

I’m struggling with anxiety

Hi I’m struggling with anxiety and talking to people in person I got no friends and never been in a relationship and trying to find ways to cope with it 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: I’m struggling with anxiety

Hi @Tom263 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you're struggling with anxiety, is this something you've been dealing with for a while?  

Hopefully this is a place you can feel free to get around and about and see what you like, with no pressure! What sort of things do you like to do/read/watch?

I love to play video games, watching rugby league, I live camping and long drives 

Hey @Tom263 

They sound like great hobbies. What video games do you play? I also love long drives. Feels like freedom 🙂 

I've put a couple of links to some info you might find interesting, too. 

Anxiety disorder (sane.org)

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Our-coping-toolbox/m-p/1209573#M92237

Hallo there @Tom263 

Its really good that you have come to this forum as the people on here are only too happy to listen and sit with you in dealing with your issues.  Have you always been anxious and have you ever done anything about it.  Ever tried breathing exercises, they have really worked for me, in calming me down.  Just a simple breath in for 4 seconds, hold for 4 secs and breath out for 4 secs   and repeat.  Have you tried joining any local groups, they really are good for making friends with similar interests, I recently joined a history walking group which checks out places with back stories, have made some good friends and am getting exercise as a bonus.  You'd be surprised what's going on in your local area.  Go on, give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised 🙂

@Tom263 @Asgard 

Love the idea of a walking history group! What a great way to learn and get out and about. You also don't have to talk to people, ie it's not dating or gendered, but it is interesting. 

I often find that even if the group of activity isn't the 'perfect fit', one thing leads to the next and you often meet the next person, the next idea, or the next idea for a hobby 🙂

Hi @8ppleTree @Tom263 

There was about 8 of us who turned up and no one knew eachother, the guy leading us was very funny.  Conversation happened organically as we wandered along, the guide was full of stories and you would be surprised at what has happened in your local neighbourhood.

@8ppleTree @I play gta 5, fc24, wwe2k23, call of duty, cricket 24, cooking simulator I play on Xbox and PlayStation 4

Sounds like you like your games @Tom263 🙂 Great to have you with us. Hope you find the connection you deserve whilst on the forums.

I'm sure we have other gamers here.

@Tom263  Hi Tom welcome to the forum. Lets overcome with that. Here we have lots of friends. who care , share and always with you when you need. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.