Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Battleox12
Casual Contributor

Where to start ..

Hi everyone can’t believe I’m here . 
not to big on technology sorta got left behind in that race . I suffer schizophrenia have been diagnosed for 13 years now constantly getting jabbed don’t know if the medication is working but take it anyway been an addict on drugs in my younger life for 7 plus years don’t touch them now though been a alcoholic that started at weekend drinking or after work when I was a teen and developed into an everyday scene I have 3 kids all young don’t work but wish I could been to jail and crashed my car I’ve had suicidal thoughts and just over the years destroyed myself slowly learning why and what caused the destruction I’m 35 now and just struggle everyday I’m sad still angry and alone so that’s that just trying to hang in there I guess 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Where to start ..

Hi @Battleox12 

Well you have found yourself here and well done for that.  There are so many amazing people on here whose life experiences will resonate with you and how they have managed to turn their lives around.  No doubt many will reach out to you.

So Mike what can we do for you today?

Welcome to the forums @Battleox12 

Sorry to hear that you feel like you're just hanging in there at the moment. It sounds like you've had a lot to cope with over the years. Hopefully this is a place you can be yourself, without any worries 🙂 

Hi @Battleox12

Thanks  for sharing your story. Im sorry to hear you have had difficult times in your life and it certainly seems like you have been through a lot. Im wondering do have support right now?

You mention you would like to find work again. Do you have any plans to work toward that goal in the near future?

Hey no support atm start therapy soon but last time I went was more or less just good advise but hopefully it can help this time and yeah work would be good ima try save for a car again and get back on the road do some studies and get some tickets just things are moving slow as I’m always busy with the three kids and house works I am alone and longing for company but everyday I wake up I try my best just trying to keep the bad and negative thoughts out and count the blessing I do have 

Hi @Battleox12 

Its been a while since we have heard from you, how is the job hunting going.  Its good that you are getting help, things always seem to move slowly at the start, but its good that you are working on yourself.  Nice to hear that despite your woes you are still counting your blessings.  Would imagine that looking after 3 kids would keep you busy, but would also provide happiness aswell.  🙂

Hope this finds you well

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.