Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends, families and carers

Re: Daily Check In Space

Hello @Shaz51 

It's so heartwarming to be remembered and thank you so much for checking in. 

On a scale of 1-10, I'm a bit low at a 4 or 5 today and have just been taking some quiet time to process, absorb and self care. 

1) Going well - I came back from a vacation and even though it feels like a distant memory now haha I'm so grateful and happy I could have those experiences and new job that's supporting financially to do that. I recognised I was feeling really lonely and remembered that I have this forum and I'm never alone 💪🏽❤️

2) Not going so well - Top 3 things I'm hoping to get some clarity on after

- repeated fights in the marriage triggered by actions and behaviours. I'm very confused how much is too much and what I need to do to take care of myself going forward. 

- New job is a sales job and is extremely stressful. No recognition or appreciation and they just expect more n more it's only 8 weeks! I have a very toxic colleague who used to do this job before that's quite insecure and has been very unsupportive and unhelpful. It's 5 full days of working from office with no WFH after 4 yrs of having my own flexibility and WFH, so it's a lot at the moment 😞

- I've no idea where to restart my self care from. I get only 2 days off and the grind starts again. I don't know how best to use it. I hate that my partner picks fights at these times too.. I'm so exhausted

What I want to do for myself

- Restart therapy and book my sessions

- Take time for myself to do whatever I want this weekend without my partner to get space from him - I'm annoyed at him very often and don't know if I should just leave if I find so many things about him icky 😞😂 It's impossible to have peace and harmony as he doesn't work on his stuff which is the main reason for repeating fights

- I'll do my basics as I have just been in bed in tears all morning and it's 1 pm. Maybe triggering my depression all this stress. I'll go shower, eat, and go for a walk with coffee. 

❤️💪🏽

2) 

Were you working in Education before? @Shasan Apologies if I got mixed up.

Hi @tyme 

Kind of, yes but not traditional teaching. 🙂 it was coaching freelance & teaching classes. It was my own business and I had the flexibility in the mornings and evenings. 

Can't complain too much, I'm very happy and grateful to have a job and financial security as the business stress and uncertainty wasn't tolerable after a while. 

Sounds super 🙂

Feel free to join the Educator's Hub @Shasan 

Yes I have thanks

morning @Megan68 , @Shasan , @rav3n , @DrWho @hamster12 

how are you going today my friends 

@Lauz . @majillan @SANE-Admin 

1000003578.jpg

coffee time for me 

had a busy morning doing food shopping 

cleaning my MIL`s floors 

hey @Shaz51 sounds like a busy morning indeed! 

i'm drinking some hot chocolate this evening, hope the rest of your day is lil relaxing 

Hello @rav3n 😊

Just had dinner 

Now watching " I escape to the country "

Going to have a coffee now 

@Shaz51 oh I love Escape to the Country! I have always liked the countryside. 🥰

That was lovely of you to wash your MIL'S floors. I hope you didn't overdo it though. You just fell in the garden no long ago 😔😘😘

@Healandlove 

I vaccummed the floors

And Mr shaz washed the floors 

SIL was doing weeding outside filling up the trailer 

Then had morning tea 

Then went food shopping on the way home 

Made lunch at home and then did nothing xx

Hope your day has been OK 

@rav3n , @Jynx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.