Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

@TAB  I can strongly relate to that. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even care anymore when I drop my shopping in the middle of the store bc it’s happened so often. Many congrats on your daily achievements too. Working can be super rewarding at times but super stressful when it’s a struggle. I’ve definitely been finding that recently! It was nice the other day though. I have to let work know if I’m taking medications that would show up on a drug test (which my new meds do) and it turned out the lady I talked to at work takes the same meds and could really empathise with me validating the struggle but also being encouraging. 

Today I managed to get the guinea pigs blankets washed, bath one of them and sew a cage liner. This feels really big bc I’ve been struggling all week to try and work up the energy. 

@BlueBayWell done, especially the two loads of washing. It’s always a gamble when I put in washing if I’ll remember to hang it out! And @oceangirl I bet washing the dogs was rewarding. What breeds are they? 

Cool @Cara_in_Yellow Enjoy

Good evening @Cara_in_Yellow @TAB @oceangirl @BlueBay @Meowmy @Dimity @LostAngel @MDT @Shaz51 @frog @Daisydreamer @Rhye @flybluebird @cloudcore @tyme @Former-Member @Fluttershy1 and everyone here. Well done on your achievements everyone!

@BlueBay getting out of bed and posting are massive achievements! Well done 👍🏻️!

@Cara_in_Yellow great job on the guinea pig cages! They’re such cute and fascinating little creatures!

@Meowmy great job on your achievements!

@LostAngel I’m so proud of the things you get through in your day! You’re a total star️!

@oceangirl @MDT @TAB @Dimity thanks for the encouragement and supportive words! I appreciate each snd every wonderful comment!

Today has been an interesting day (Saturday) for me in regards to achievements which are:

- Had my psychologist appointment today and dealt with the issue of psych meds and my various issues surrounding them

- Took notes afterwards about my appointment and what I need to do for the next session 

- Discovered my creative spirit in the form of how I’m going to handle the meds issue which is writing a letter to communicate my issues with them and how I can work on changing my thoughts, feelings and behaviours towards the many smaller issues involved in the major issue

- Had honey soy chicken wings for dinner in the air fryer

- Watched some of the Australian Open tennis throughout the day and night

- Worked on both a baby jumper and beanie in my knitting with the aim of completing them in the next day or so

- Checked out Facebook 

- Sent my sister the final score of the Big Bash Cricket with the Perth Scorchers winning against the Sydney Sixers

- Took some photos of my cat Mitz

- Added some music to a playlist on Apple Music on my iPhone 

That’s all from me tonight!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐

@Judi9877  That’s a huge thing, to deliberately process through your views on a topic and challenge them. So proud of you and wishing you all the best. 

Cara @Cara_in_Yellow  😀 .. 

my current meds show shop up on tests. It is what it is. I am waiting for someone to ask me why I am taking certain things (prescribed) Had rehearsed being vague.

I declared a medication years ago on a medical for job application, got third degree, prospective employer wanted to see scripts, asked me why taking stuff, said they though 'it was very strong' anyway. hadnt taken anything that would show up for nearly a month, but got into drs and got what am supposed to be taking , well they can deal with it.

did you mean actually dropping shopping ? I have lost patience at long queues before and walked out, leaving shopping behind, not done that in a while, not really a feel-good thing ..plus then have to go and buy stuff for real afterwards ugh..

Thank you @Judi9877 🙏 

you we’re quite busy yesterday 

have a nice day xx

hi to everyone 👋

@Judi9877 @TAB @oceangirl @Bill16 

Hey friends, today I went for a swim, 

Organised outing for next month girls night

Cooked for next few meals

Fetched food for mum

Phoned friend who is sick

Take care. 

Hello Friends todays achievements are as follows one self reflecting, two hot shower ,three running errands ,four giving and being kind to others ,really thinking about the importance of kindness and what I can do to help others, five did a two day backyard clean up this weekend to be kind to a neighbor ,considering others needs, it really feels like a time to give and share and be kind to others ,to be there if I'm in a position to help ,choose kindness, choose to help, besides that Ive spent alot of time trying to live in the momment and just be, listening to music and doing mindfullness routine to keep myself centred thats all from me might be time I go cook some dinner 

Hello All
My achievement for today has been getting out of bed and dressed. Now sitting on the couch typing this. Oh and I posted on the forum about how I'm feeling - have been struggling. Not much, but better than yesterday...

Take care, RedHorse 🌹🐴

hi everyone,

my achievements for today are - 

1. load of washing
  2. swim at the beach at 9am
  3. sleep in the afternoon
  4. watching tennis
  5. water the garden when sun goes down
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.