Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for Flowerlove22

There was really big butterflies in cairns like the size of my head big I can’t remember what they were called but cool colours

@ArraDreaming that sounds cool 😎

@Jynx what's a butterfly house?  I'll if I can get a picture on Google for you 

Right now I am angry what's the point in a helpline?   Can't even help me when I am feeling suicidal am I not worth it?  

I give up   

Sorry to hear you feel like that tonight @Flowerlove22 tell me about somethin unrelated to take your mind off things maybe
What’s your favourite food

What did you have for dinner

@Flowerlove22 A butterfly house is a place where they keep butterflies - so you can visit and there's soooo many butterflies flapping about, and some might even land on you! Very cool, highly recommend if you have one nearby!

I am sorry, sounds like a difficult experience. Sometimes we just don't get the right person on the other end, which can be very frustrating. 

@Flowerlove22 this isn’t the first time you have been suicidal and I dare say probably won’t be the last, but what coping skills have you used so far to survive the other days that you can use tonight? Because you have had it through this feeling before right?
What is different about today?
I like I, I want you here and I now you got it in you, you have proven it time and time again

@ArraDreaming  favourite food is  meatballs or crumb chicken  

Dinner tonight nothing yet  what's for dinner for you? 

@Jynx  why do you care so much?  The person left didn't even ask anything 

All I said was I am suicidal and everything she left  now I just feel a shit person 

@ArraDreaming 

River 

Music 

Driving 

Showers 

Friends 

Sometimes art I don't really do art 

And you know this is why I love this community because most of us including me have been in your shoes, and we are still here and able to tell you that it gets better @Flowerlove22 I came pretty close in 2015, I don’t share that with anyone really…. but I’m still here and I am glad I am still here because shit got better in married with 3 kids in a job I love gardening, riding bikes, getting out bush and connecting to country, far out man please stick it out dude because on the other side there’s this whole world that will open for you @Flowerlove22

We had carbonara! You may laugh.

I’m doing what I call the nightly security guard duties, I have a little spot in our hallway that I sit and tell my kids to go back to bed about 45 times a night, they still never learn that I’m sitting right outside their bedrooms. It’s mostly for the older one, our middle kid (3) will usually go out like a light while we’re in there, fall asleep on one of us and we have to sneak out lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.