Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Zoe7  Yes it kept us alive during our hardest times.  It also taught us how to be vulnerable and honest and say how we were really feeling,  coping,  or not.  And that was hard,  impossible for me in the real world,  where it is easy to be judged.  But here,  we were/are, with others who understand our pain,  our struggles.  Here we are not judged.  Here we are loved and supported.  Even simply being sent a 💜 on a post,  was enough to know you were heard.  True friendships are created in spaces like this,  where we are free to be ourselves,  warts and all,  and still be accepted.  Through highs and lows,  someone has always been there.  For many years,  it was you,  who kept me Sane (gotta love that word),  you who held my hand and walked beside me when I needed that.  Thank you my beautiful friend.  A true beautiful butterfly. 

Hi everyone everyone is invited to the Australian party 

Menu out soon, can anyone help with  main cores whaiting for your. I put a order in for Morton bay bigs bb prawns. Rockhampton  

tea, coofwith liquids,   Michelle bahimim style absolutely   yummy 

It was very much a two way street @utopia You were amongst those here that saved me - more than once 😁 - we were two little peas in a pod, walking that tightrope together - and I would not change one thing as it has made us both close and so much stronger from it all. Oh I have missed you Hon - I hope you can stick around for a bit this time ...but understand if you can't. Either way - just having you pop in occasionally is heart warming 💖 Now to get you through this next hurdle - hand offered as usual and flutterby wings at the ready to fly off and come sit on your shoulder through it all 🦋

Was just remembering another of our 'antics' - I often see MAFS ads and laugh thinking of you and those times we shared - now it has become a 'circus' with people just wanting fame ....pathetic really (and yes I am very much judging 🤣). 

@Faith-and-Hope The above also applies to you my sweetest of friends - love you both so much and thankful every day that I know you 💖 BTW there is a hidden S in my tattoo - you cannot see it properly as it is healing but I know where it is 😘

❤️ @Zoe7 ….. ❣️

@Faith-and-Hope @utopia @Snowie @Shaz51 I have packed and secured the first trailer load for school. I tried calling this morning to see if our room is done but kept getting the answering machine so will try again in the morning ...then email if I still cannot get through. I still have quite a bit to sort out and clean up at home but am hoping to get the majority of that done tonight. I have also washed some teddies so my clothesline looks like a strange toy store display lol I will leave them to dry until tomorrow and then take them into school as well (any that aren't quite dry I can hang up in the classroom on our line across the room until I go in again). I realised once I had finished the trailer that the front door had been open all the time - I must not have pulled it closed properly - to my surprise, Clover did not come out - she was laying down in the hallway ...she is such a good girl 😺 Tobes of course was doing his usual supervisory role but in the shade today as it is quite warm. A little rest for me for a while to regain some energy then back into it.

How are you all ...and anyone else passing by ...today?

Good girl Clover ❣️

I have a wanna-be escape artist in Jay …. lol

Having a quiet chill day with my girl.  Still feeling really flat and just coasting.  Finding things to do to keep busy, but not really engaged.  Too much to resolve and have to just sit on my hands a lot of the time, waiting for cogs to turn.

Sigh.

Thanks for continuing to sit with me guys ….. love ya.

haha @Faith-and-Hope my sister has one of those too - her little boy loves being outside but is only allowed 'supervised visits' as he runs pretty quickly. Her property has bush surrounding it and especially in summer she is afraid of snakes so he is only allowed short visits outside. I hope Jay settles in and finds inside to be a safe place. I am so very lucky with Clover - she is not a jumper or climber so I have no concerns about her 'escaping' or going wandering ...and she is never far from Toby or I so doubly lucky.

It is hard to engage with anything when there is so much going on Hon. It is extra hard when you cannot do anything about it all either and just have to sit and wait - that is draining and stressful 😔 A chilled day with your girl is lovely though - it may not seem much but that time together doing nothing is often the ones we remember the most because you are together and present with each other. 💕

Love ya back Hon 💖

E13A3B47-51B4-48CF-BBC1-9D18514BCCF4.jpeg

@Zoe7  ❤️🦋

That is one of my favourite images @Faith-and-Hope Thank you Hon 💖

Couldn't get through to school again so sent an email ...then went in. The room is still not ready - carpet not done but the cupboards are back in. I am going to take the trailer load in this afternoon - kind of have to as we are expecting rain over the next few days. I can put some things away and the rest I will need to stack where I can on the small lino space. Luckily it is mostly in boxes so that will be easier to stack. The carpet is not expected to be done until the end of next week which gives me exactly NO days to get things set up. It is frustrating but nothing I can do. It will mean the first two days back before the kids return on the Wednesday will be very long days as we have PD during the day - that means I will have to stay late to get set up 😔

How are your feeling today Hon? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.