Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Secret Party Planning...

omg @CheerBear - that is exactly what I WOULD do - spend the money to make things myself lol

I hope I am in a better 'place' today to get started...

goodluck with the catering - I can see that we may have to 'rescue' you later from pinterest lol

Haha - perhaps it's a good thing this is all virtual craft and we can't play together in person @Zoe7. I can see us disappearing in a wonderful world of tissue paper, paint, glue guns, transparent fishing line (because that always comes in handy!), cardboard.... 😂

I can also see myself floating into far away land with this whole party planning thing. Hope you're in a better place for you today too. The cucumber pickle (lol) over sandwiches helped me through a not-so-great
place this morning 💗

Now imagine all that 'stuff' being made in a classroom that barely has enough room for the desks for the students and you will get a better understanding of what my classroom constantly looks like @CheerBear - they do their work and then they can 'play' with whatever arty/crafty things they can dream up - it is organised chaos - and I love it when they are creating - and they are well trained to clean up at the end of the day (you would not know that there had been any 'mess' anywhere). You would be awesome in a classroom with me CB Smiley Happy

This is why I love TOR so much - can create magical rooms andtake my mind away from myself to put a smile on someone else's face Heart

That sounds amazing @Zoe7 🙂 I would love getting to spend time with you in your classroom. Our place has a playroom (because they sleep in the same room) and it is full of creations and organised chaos. It's a great space for them and I think, as I'm sure you do too, is so important for little and big humans to have an outlet like that (in whatever way it happens). I think that's why I love TOR too, and gravitated there very quickly after joining. You bring something special to forumland 🙂

Speaking of creating, I'm about to duck past the nest then dive into some drawing. It's definitely not my 'thing' but I'm having a go and finding it very calming so I'll keep at it.

Catchya later 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear Smiley Happy I loved seeing you pop in when you were funshine - brought a little light into TOR everytime you were around. It certainly did become a 'safe place' for everyone to have a little 'normality' on the forum (even if it was a crazy kind og normality lol). I started a new thread for all my 'dramas' the other day so TOR could remain a safe place - didn't want my 'stuff' to get in the way of the 'conversations' that happen on there. I suppose - in a way - the party planning thread has now become a second TOR and nest combined - a place to just enjoy the simple things in life - like birthdays.

I super, super, super love having you as a neighbour - and I super, super, super love what you have brought to the forum - intelligence, foresight, creativity and compassion - I would be proud to call you my friend both on and off the forum Heart

Enjoy the drawing CB - will check back in after my appointment to get started on the party planning...

Hey @Zoe7 - thank you for your lovely words this morning. It's taken me all day to reply, but they've stuck with me today. I super enjoy having you as a neighbour and would be proud to call you my friend too. I love the idea of this little betweeny space 🙂

How are you going today? I'm planning on more pinning later tonight if I can't sleep or if I wake up early again. It was a great distraction 🙂 Give us a shout if you would like the company and distraction too - knowing me at the moment, there's a good chance I'll be up 🙂

I love the little betweeny space too @CheerBear - our little rainbow footpath where everything is ok!!!

I am still struggling but had a chat today on helpline that really helped - sometimes it is a matter of taking my mind off things for long enough to get through the next minute, hour, day!

I am extremely tired tonight and still feeling really unwell. The biggest issue is if I go to sleep too early then I have nightmares - but if I go too late I feel too sick/out-of-it to fight off the flashbacks before sleep. It is a very, very fine balance that I have not even nearly got a handle on yet.... so party planning may be on the agenda for tonight - but I will need lots of help and encouragement Heart

That sounds like a very tricky balance @Zoe7. Glad helpline helped today as well. Breaking it all down into tiny little bite sized get through it chunks is how we've gotta roll sometimes.

I think mine took a dose of the sillies tonight and have only just started to calm 😕 But I have (hopefully) arrived at the quiet side of the night now so I can do gentle encouragement and help if/when you're ready 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear It is a tricky balance and I really am so tired tonight I am not sure how long I will last - so I know the early morning is not going to be good Smiley Sad

I will get started here soon - just jump in when you see me if you like Heart

There's a juke box in the beer garden. A commercial kitchen, bbq, coffee machine and plenty of grog @Zoe7 @Rockpool @CheerBear @Maggie. 😜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.