Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

3v3ryday
Casual Contributor

Everything's so unreal

Idk what triggers is but I get those waves of not being myself, living in a hazy dreamworld, feeling like a zombie... I googled it a lot of times because it scares me everytime it happens. Depersonalisation and derealisation have been happening for me since i was like 12.... It hasn't hit me that hard in a while and right now I just feel so incredibly distanced, even from my boyfriend 😞 anyone knows how to feel better? I'd honestly just get drunk because at this point that's the only solution I have for most of my problems (don't judge) 😕

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Everything's so unreal

Hello @3v3ryday

It seems like you are experiencing some really tough things at the moment which sounds really overwhelming, you mentioned that you feel like a zombie and not yourself, how long has this been happening for? Has something happened in your life to make you feel more stressed & worried or anything?

You also said that you get drunk and that helps you, how does feeling drunk help you cope right now? Does it make you feel better or take away your thoughts or something?

It is good that you are reaching out for help to get through this, that is not easy

Lunar

Hello @3v3ryday , how are you today , I have been thining of you my friend , I hope you are ok HeartHeart

I understand everything you are saying you dont know how happy i am to find out someone feels the same way even though i wouldnt wish this expirence on anyone. Ive had this feeling for about 5 months non stop i feel like i have read a book about the body im in and know all the memories and details but they're not mine i dont know who i am anymore. About a year ago i took a pretty unknown drug which i was tricked into taking its called D.O.B the trip lasted 3 days evenually i landed myself in the hospital it was the most traumatic thing ive ever been through after that i was never the same. I was fine for a bit until around 5 months ago was when it started i feel like im on that drug again there is no break. I am terrified of sleeping because when i am tired i feel less real and when i close my eyes i cant stop thinking that everything around me is fake and i wake myself up so the fact i cant sleep makes things twice as worse it is putting a strain on all my relations especially with my boyfriend i feel i dont know anymore and he cant understand.  

@joss911. Unfortunately some drugs can repeat that 'trip' experience long after the drug has left your system.

How would you feel about seeing a psychiatrist and explain how you are feeling? Or alternatively, a drug and alcohol counsellor might be able to explain what is happening. It sounds frightening.

They may then be able to figure out how to stop it from occurring. And until then give you advice on how to cope when this feeling hits.

By the way, you won't get any judgement here. Many of us do or have self medicated with alcohol to try to help us through tough times. For me though, the alcohol just made my depression so much worse, that I couldn't get better while drinking.

I hope you are able to reach out and get some help soon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.