Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

What if I have to talk to someone.. can everyone see through me.. The fear of just even having to communicate. I go through the self checkout so I don’t have to talk to the operator. It’s hard though as one of the self serve supervisors always has to come over a say hello. 

I’m having an anxiety attack 

Hi @Captain24 

Have you ever heard of an app called Calm Harm. It helps with anxiety and helps "ride the wave" It has got breathing exercises on it. I find it really helps me when I have an anxiety attack.

Sitting here with you.

Aw @Captain24 ❤️ sorry to hear that

Would you like to have a chat? what's happening?

I’ve just had a shower @Snowie @lavenderhaze. I made it hot and steamy.

I have my breathing under control and my heart rate is slowing. 

My anxiety is so bad though. 

That's a helpful strategy, @Captain24 - good on you for being able to utilize it ❤️

Is there something on your mind that is making you anxious hun?

There’s lots @lavenderhaze.

I have to go to work tomorrow. I have to leave the house to go grocery shopping. I have so much to do. 

I guess the biggest thing is that I see

my CM in half an hour. That scares me. She is usually really supportive. I hope today is the same. 

Sometimes life is all just too much. 

I hear you @Captain24 

It can be so overwhelming at times

I hope the CM appointment goes well for you. If she is usually supportive then hopefully it'll be the same today. 

Grocery shopping makes me nervous sometimes tbh, it can be overstimulating I guess

She told me that by not being honest, I have damaged our therapeutic relationship. @lavenderhaze. I copped a massive reprimand from her. 

My anxiety is out of control because I haven’t been taking any meds. I have to wait until I see the GP in 2 weeks before I can restart meds. She has said that I have to restart the anxiety one though. 

Oh no @Captain24, I imagine that must have been difficult to hear

I can understand that this must have added to your anxiety 

Sitting with you ❤️

I am here for another hour, so we can have a chat if that'll help?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.