Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I’m sorry that happened @Snowie. Anything you want to talk about?

My bed is my safe place. There is way too many temptations out of bed and I am strong enough to avoid them. 

Aarrgghh… dishes.. they seem never ending. 

Tomorrow I have to try and clean the house but I am going to an Irish dance performance tomorrow night. That means I have to shower and wash my hair and get dressed. Sounds like too much right now. 

Do you have anything on tomorrow? Anything that may make you feel a little lighter? 

No I don't think I should go down that road tonight @Captain24 thanks anyway.

It feels like a pot of simmering water. Don't want to turn up the heat and let it boil over.

Bed is my safe place too. Gave in before I got in. I can understand those temptations. Sometimes it just gets the better of you.

Hopefully you enjoy tomorrow night and going through that process of getting ready is worth it. Are you going with anyone?

Have to take S to school and go to the chemist. Besides that will be at home. Izzy is getting a wash/cut tomorrow. The lady does mobile dog grooming so she comes out to our house.

Sending lots of love to you @Snowie xox

Thats understandable @Snowie. Best to leave some things contained as much as possible.

The fear of getting out to feed the dogs is tough. But they need to be fed. They are more important than me. 

Im going with mum, we booked it months ago. Usually things like this are at the bigger town 1 1/2 hours away. It’s too hard to go as you have to drive home with all the roos. This one is being held in the village 15mins away. The tickets sold fast!!! 

At least you will get out of the house even if it is just school drop off and the chemist. 

Izzy will feel better after a new do.. do you bath her inbetween grooms? 

Thats good that you don't have to drive too far @Captain24 Much easier when you don't have to worry about the roos. We have them out here too.

I normally wash Izzy in between grooms. She normally gets done about every 5-6 weeks. Not sure if she likes it but always smells better and looks better afterwards!!

Can you feed the dogs now? I'll stick around.

Roos are really bad out here as I guess they are for you too. @Snowie 

Im getting up to feed them now. Thanks for doing it with me. 

We get lots on the back roads and even more on the freeways @Captain24 

Also have them in our backyard!

Do your dogs get as excited as mine does? It's like she has never eaten before!!

Yeah we have trouble with them in town as well. @Snowie. City people think they are amazing we just see them as pests. 

Pix eats like she has never eaten before. She just guzzles her food. Jett gets excited but then just savours each piece at a time! 

Hows Izzy with food

Izzy is like Pix @Captain24 I think she inhales her food like she has never eaten before.

It gets to about 5:30pm and she will just sit in front of you and whine until you get up and feed her.

It's like she has an internal clock!

Always see roos dead on the side of the roads with the pink X across them. Least they have been checked for joeys.

Most of ours don’t have pink on them but I’m guessing they have been checked. @Snowie. All our roads are like back roads. They aren’t very smart animals. 

They are fed and just having their treat. I’m hoping they finish them soon. It’s too hard. There is to much around. 

are you going to bed soon? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.