Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 31st March, 7-8pm AEDT // Guest facilitator: Smiling Mind

@Windflowers Have you tried the smiling mind app? I downloaded it yesterday! A lot on there 🙂 @Snowie glad to hear you're already using the app, and yes you are right, we are naturally pretty rough on ourselves as humans. We need to turn some of the kindness we're constantly giving to others inward, so easy to forget to do this day to day Heart

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 31st March, 7-8pm AEDT // Guest facilitator: Smiling Mind

@Snowie Many of us are way harder on ourselves than we ever would be others. Self-kindness, just like mindfulness, is something we can develop and practice. When you notice you're being hard on yourself it can be helpful to pause and ask yourself what you would say to someone else you cared about. 

You might also like to try the 'Self-Compassion' meditation in the Relationships Program in the Smiling Mind App. 

@DrZoidberg you're so welcome, I'm glad it's helpful!

@nashy I do have the app but have fallen out of using it!! Tonight was a really good prompt to remind me and get me back into it. Can I also say my gosh I do find technology such as tonight z huge challenge!! Almost harder than the mindfulness.😆

As we wrap up team I just want to say a huge thanks to @Snowie @Windflowers @DrZoidberg @Shaz51 @Former-Member @SmilingMind and any other who stopped by for getting involed on our first mindfulness event, it goes pretty quick that one hour session! It's a tricky time at the moment with COVID19, so as a reminder please know the SANE Community is always here to support you - we have a thread on it here As well as an entire community to support you with any challenge you may be up against with your mental health.

@SmilingMind we can't thank you enough for your involvement tonight, the meditation we all took part in is available via the Smiling Mind App which seems to be a bit of a game changer in terms of emotional wellbeing. It's also totally free!

@SmilingMind any last thoughts before we wrap up?

@Windflowers absolutely! Even brief moments of respite and calm, in-between the busyness, are really good for us. And the more we practice and perservere (with kindness and gentleness!) the less bothered we are by the busyness and distraction. We change our relationship to our inner experience rather than resisting it so much and in turn that helps us access more peace. Thanks for sharing!

Refresh browser > Post > Reply etc Smiley LOL @Windflowers

totally hear you! 

The SANE Forums team are actually in the process of brainstorming ways to make these events more user friendly at the moment, if you have any feedback please hit us up! team@saneforums.org

@SmilingMind thanks for being so encouraging!

Thanks so much for having me @nashy and to everyone for taking part and sharing your experience and reflections. 

You might like to check out the Smiling Mind App and website www.smilingmind.com.au The App is completely free and there are lots of resources on our website which I hope you will find helpful and supportive at this time. We've been busy creating resources designed to help support people as we grapple with the challenge and uncertainty of COVID-19 - do check it out! 

Thank you so much again. Take good care everyone! 

Thanks so much for providing this, and thanks everybody I learned a lot of tips Man Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.