Skip to main content

For crisis support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, MH Call 1300 642 255 or in an emergency call 000

HOME /
Forums

Online forums

Chat with other people who 'get it' with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Night Time

@Anastasia I like it when the images have loaded by the time I log on :ok_hand:😁

*grin

That was my plan @pancakes , glad it worked 🙏💙

How are you doing tonight my friend @Anastasia 💙

Not much sleep @pancakes and my anxiety is high as I have to work today and I'm needed to take my Mum to the shops and then potentially move there to assist with Dads care around the clock. He is bedridden and one of us will be with him 24/7 in shifts. I am unsure as to how to handle work. I guess I'll just start by getting through today...

Hugs and always have you and my family here in my heart @pancakes @NatureLover @Emelia8 @Shaz51 

@Anastasia Are you able to get a carers payment or something to offset work? 

One day at a time is a good approach when you’ve got so much on. Try not to jump ahead too far because things are always chopping and changing. Play it by ear and do what feels right in the moment.

I’m sorry you’re not getting your rest either, afraid I am right there with you. Tossed and turned all night. Probably should’ve just gotten up.

Therapist told me a long time ago if my brain won’t shush to just get up and go to the couch, interrupt that cycle. I followed his advice there once, got up, put a show on netflix and must’ve fallen asleep on the couch in 5 minutes after hours of tossing and turning in bed.

Playing white noise sounds also helps me too—when I remember to put it on.

And when all else fails I just lie there and try to enjoy the quiet and coziness of my bed.

Sending love and hugs your way 🤗 💙

Lol @pancakes! I bet if I put Netflix on, I'll suddenly fall asleep to hahahaha! I've done this before. Tonight actually (being that it's 4 o'clock am here, I'll just get up for now). Anyway, tonight I'll try this. Long story with my mental health and other life history issues, but it'll take awhile to adjust to sleeping properly at night (starting to happen slowly but surely) and after reading your post I laughed to myself and wondered why in heck I didn't put Netflix on earlier lol! Oh well, I guess I live and learn.
@Anastasia I hope you can get some rest soon — you must be exhausted!

@pancakes  How are you feeling now, after Friday's big whammy? 

@NatureLover I don’t know.. Feel like I can’t think straight. Just fending off the waves of depression atm, that’s about all I can manage. Thanks for checking in

I really feel for you with the depression. It's my worst thing, so I understand when you say that's all you can manage. Well done for managing. 

Sending a virtual hug @pancakes 

Cheers @NatureLover 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

My Mental Health

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia, their diversity, histories and knowledge and their continuing connections to land, waterways and culture. We pay our respect to all Australian Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, and to Elders of past, present and future generations.

Brisbane North PHN wishes to acknowledge the experience and expertise of the My Mental Health Steering Committee, delegates of the Peer Participation in Mental Health Services (PPIMS) network and health professionals in developing the My Mental Health Website.